Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How to take Screenshots

2»

Comments

• Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,951 mod
    Lightshot is the easiest way to take screenshots as well as to save them on your computer or share them with friends, on forums etc

I've heard of Lightshot, but have never used it before. How is the quality of the images? I thought someone had mentioned that it wasn't so good. Not sure.
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited August 2015
    Dalton wrote: »
    Lightshot is the easiest way to take screenshots as well as to save them on your computer or share them with friends, on forums etc

I've heard of Lightshot, but have never used it before. How is the quality of the images? I thought someone had mentioned that it wasn't so good. Not sure.

I did couple times (just testing) ...http://prnt.sc/ (aka Lightshot) is very simple and easy to do, but just don't know about its "Privacy or ToC" ... How to use PrntScr tutorial video
  • Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,951 mod
    Oh I see, it's a program to install. Probably more for someone who is super serious for taking screenshots. :#
    edited August 2015
    Oh I see, it's a program to install. Probably more for someone who is super serious for taking screenshots. :#

all 3 ... I believe : Web, App and Software ... more like screenshot social site ... see those links are the one uploaded screenshot for anyone to see ... scary, sometime.

all 3 ... I believe : Web, App and Software

Wow, I never knew! That's kind of cool I guess. A good solution for PC users. :) I only say that because the latest update for Mac gave us some pretty sweet screenshot tools. B)

edited August 2015
    Screen recording software and APPs

(PC screen recorder) BandiCam
    (Apple Computer) QuickTime Player 10 or higher

(ANDROID v4.2 or higher screen recorder) Mobizen
    (ANDROID vLollipop 5 or higher screen recorder) AZ Recorder or Lollipop Screen Recorder

(iPhone or iPad) Unfortunately, Apple doesn't allow any applications to record video your iOS device's screen except screenshot
  • sh4rk97sh4rk97 Posts: 656
    https://obsproject.com/

Best screen recorder out there that's free from what I've seen. It's clean, has a ton of options like setting FPS, bit rate, and has no watermark. No time limits either. I use it all the time.
    sh4rk97 wrote: »
    https://obsproject.com/

Best screen recorder out there that's free from what I've seen. It's clean, has a ton of options like setting FPS, bit rate, and has no watermark. No time limits either. I use it all the time.

I tried that last night ... and could not figure that out ... it is very difficult at first without manual or step by step ... care to teach us ?
  • jibaro777jibaro777 Posts: 8 Pool Player
    Thanks it was helpful
    Hi everyone,

I made a few small changes to the thread this morning. A few of the sections have been cleaned up with a little more clearer understanding and direction. I also included support for taking a screenshot with an Apple Watch.

Cheers!
    Dalton
  • hihihihi72100chihihihi72100c Posts: 418 Pool Pro
    kunal908 wrote: »
    Hey @Sunidhifan,

Command shift F3 for the whole screen and command shift F4 to take a pic of part of the screen(drag your cursor across what you want).

so cool Thanks
  • I didn't even know my Mac had this option. I learned it from you guys, THANKS
    I didn't even know my Mac had this option. I learned it from you guys, THANKS

You're welcome!
  • *!--FUREEEE--!**!--FUREEEE--!* Posts: 3,939 Pool Champion
    Snipping tool for Windows 7 I think.... :)
  • Dalton wrote: »
    Hey Players!

If you have ever wanted to take a screenshot and weren't sure how, you've come to the right place! Sharing screenshots during game play is the perfect way to share any glitches you've experienced, show off your sweet new cues, or even your impressive game stats! Find your operating system below, click "Show" next to the spoiler and follow the directions listed. If you have any further questions regarding how to take screenshots, or other methods you have found helpful, feel free to post them here!

Happy gaming!
    Dalton

Taking a screenshot on Windows XP and prior Windows versions
    This method works on Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well.
    1. Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note: If you so choose, You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a 
    single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key

2. Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
    3. In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.
    4. When the image appears in the Paint window, crop if you wish. Once finished, click File, and then click Save As.
    5. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.

Taking a screenshot on Windows Vista and Windows 7
    All previous Windows versions press "Print Screen" on keyboard and paste into the Paint program. If you so choose, you can do this on Vista and 7 as well.
    1. Open the Snipping Tool by clicking the Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, and then Snipping Tool.

2. Once you've opened the Snipping Tool, you can choose to take a variety of different types of screen captures. These include (1) "Hand-drawn" - ie drawn with the mouse, or the tablet pin on a tablet pc; (2) rectangle - which allows you to draw a rectangle to capture a specific area of your screen; (3) "active window" - which records only the window which is selected when you take your screenshot or (4) "full screen" -which takes a full screen shot, identical to what you would get by pressing the print screen button on a keyboard.

3. Finally, you can save your image as a GIF, bitmap, jpeg, or html file by selecting "save as" or select "send" to send the image as an email attachment. Still have questions? (Watch This!)

Taking a screenshot on Windows 8
    Most methods for taking screenshots in previous Windows versions work for Windows 8.
    1. Set up the screen as you wish for your screenshot.
    2. Hold down the Windows Key and Print Screen
    3. You will find a new screenshot in the Pictures folder in your Library

Taking a screenshot on Mac OS X
    This works for most modern versions of the OS X system of Apple Computers
    Use the following keyboard commands to take a picture.

keys.png

Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard

Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard

Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard
    Note: Command-Shift-4 is the most popular amongst Apple users. It is a good option for those 
    who choose to not share their whole screen.

Taking a screenshot on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
    This method works for all generations of the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad that have firmware 2.0 and higher.
    1. Open up the screen you would like to take a screenshot of.
    2. Press and hold the round home button at the bottom, followed by pressing the power button at the top once. (Picture)
    3. The screen will briefly flash white.
    4. Your photo will now be in your "Photos" app on your device.
    Note: If you have an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, your power button is on the right-side of the 
    phone.

Note: To use your screenshot taken on your iOS device on the forum, you must upload it to an 
    image hosting website such as postimg.org or download the Photobucket App from the Apple 
    App Store.

Taking a screenshot on Apple Watch
    Although you cannot play 8 Ball Pool on your Apple Watch, this helps to screenshot any necessary information on your wearable device.
    Press and hold the side button on your Apple Watch, then immediately press and release the Digital Crown. After you take a screenshot, you can find it in the Photos app on your iPhone.

3ym8613oarnu.png

Taking a screenshot on an Android Device
    This works for most modern Android devices including smartphones and tablets running Android 4.0 or later
    1. Hold down Volume Down and Power for one to two seconds. The screen will briefly flash white and save your entire screen.
    2. Look for a Screenshots folder in your Gallery or Photos app.

"I see no flash and no screenshots. Is there something else I could try?"

1. Hold down Home and Power at once for one to two seconds. he screen will briefly flash white and save your entire screen.
    If you experience any issues with any of the instructions above, please let us know so we can make the appropriate changes to keep a working list for all. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to make this thread possible!

actually its the START button of your key board :smiley:
    Hey Players!

If you have ever wanted to take a screenshot and weren't sure how, you've come to the right place! Sharing screenshots during game play is the perfect way to share any glitches you've experienced, show off your sweet new cues, or even your impressive game stats! Find your operating system below, click "Show" next to the spoiler and follow the directions listed. If you have any further questions regarding how to take screenshots, or other methods you have found helpful, feel free to post them here!

Happy gaming!
    Dalton

Taking a screenshot on Windows XP and prior Windows versions
    This method works on Windows Vista and Windows 7 as well.
    1. Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note: If you so choose, You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a 
    single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key

2. Click Start, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
    3. In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click Paste.
    4. When the image appears in the Paint window, crop if you wish. Once finished, click File, and then click Save As.
    5. In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click Save.

Taking a screenshot on Windows Vista and Windows 7
    All previous Windows versions press "Print Screen" on keyboard and paste into the Paint program. If you so choose, you can do this on Vista and 7 as well.
    1. Open the Snipping Tool by clicking the Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, and then Snipping Tool.

2. Once you've opened the Snipping Tool, you can choose to take a variety of different types of screen captures. These include (1) "Hand-drawn" - ie drawn with the mouse, or the tablet pin on a tablet pc; (2) rectangle - which allows you to draw a rectangle to capture a specific area of your screen; (3) "active window" - which records only the window which is selected when you take your screenshot or (4) "full screen" -which takes a full screen shot, identical to what you would get by pressing the print screen button on a keyboard.

3. Finally, you can save your image as a GIF, bitmap, jpeg, or html file by selecting "save as" or select "send" to send the image as an email attachment. Still have questions? (Watch This!)

Taking a screenshot on Windows 8
    Most methods for taking screenshots in previous Windows versions work for Windows 8.
    1. Set up the screen as you wish for your screenshot.
    2. Hold down the Windows Key and Print Screen
    3. You will find a new screenshot in the Pictures folder in your Library

Taking a screenshot on Mac OS X
    This works for most modern versions of the OS X system of Apple Computers
    Use the following keyboard commands to take a picture.

keys.png

Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop

Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard

Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard

Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard
    Note: Command-Shift-4 is the most popular amongst Apple users. It is a good option for those 
    who choose to not share their whole screen.

Taking a screenshot on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
    This method works for all generations of the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad that have firmware 2.0 and higher.
    1. Open up the screen you would like to take a screenshot of.
    2. Press and hold the round home button at the bottom, followed by pressing the power button at the top once. (Picture)
    3. The screen will briefly flash white.
    4. Your photo will now be in your "Photos" app on your device.
    Note: If you have an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, your power button is on the right-side of the 
    phone.

Note: To use your screenshot taken on your iOS device on the forum, you must upload it to an 
    image hosting website such as postimg.org or download the Photobucket App from the Apple 
    App Store.

Taking a screenshot on Apple Watch
    Although you cannot play 8 Ball Pool on your Apple Watch, this helps to screenshot any necessary information on your wearable device.
    Press and hold the side button on your Apple Watch, then immediately press and release the Digital Crown. After you take a screenshot, you can find it in the Photos app on your iPhone.

3ym8613oarnu.png

Taking a screenshot on an Android Device
    This works for most modern Android devices including smartphones and tablets running Android 4.0 or later
    1. Hold down Volume Down and Power for one to two seconds. The screen will briefly flash white and save your entire screen.
    2. Look for a Screenshots folder in your Gallery or Photos app.

"I see no flash and no screenshots. Is there something else I could try?"

1. Hold down Home and Power at once for one to two seconds. he screen will briefly flash white and save your entire screen.
    If you experience any issues with any of the instructions above, please let us know so we can make the appropriate changes to keep a working list for all. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to make this thread possible!

actually its the START button of your key board :smiley:

Show us
  • Check this one, detailed Print Screen examples

Evan
  • When we take screen shots and make a complain at some complains you dont even look, even more you just erase the subject if its not what u want to see!
  • jackrogerjackroger Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm using Joyoshare Screen Recorder. Yes, it's not an exclusive screenshot capture. But I like to use it take the screenshot while recording the desktop activity.
2»