Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Multiple Accounts? - Help!

otis4946otis4946 Posts: 77 Pool Player
edited February 2 in Help & Feedback
I had been playing on a Facebook related/tied account for about 8 months. I was then rendered unable to login to my account for 3 months. This was caused by my IP (unbeknownst to me) increasing my firewall protection level. Erghhh! :#

Anyway... I started a guest account so I could get an occasional 8-Ball Pool fix. - Yes, I'm hooked. :|

Question: After finally getting my original account operating, is it now possible for me to register this second/guest account with Facebook and Miniclip? - I know other players have multiple accounts, but I'm not sure how they did it. Given the opportunity and left to my own devices, I can screw anything up if it's related to usernames, logins, passwords, etc.

Thanks,
Jack

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,656 Pool Forum VIP
    edited February 2
    Hello Jack..... :)

I am sorry, but I do not know much on the subject.....but there are plenty of members here who should have an answer..... ;)

As far as I know, there is no way to link multiple accounts....but there is also no rule against having them that I am aware of either....as long as they are not used for nefarious purposes.....and keep in mind, there is a very strict rule against signing in to the forum with more than one...so be very careful to always only sign in here with the same one.......you are only allowed to use one account here....but as I said, you can have multiple player accounts to play on.... :)

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • otis4946otis4946 Posts: 77 Pool Player
    Got it! - Thank you young man. Good tips indeed...

Forgot to mention above, but when I was unable to log into my account, Miniclip or even the forum for three months, the only 8BP I could play was to practice "Offline" with the Beginner Cue... After having acquired all 10 of the legendary cues, I Initially found it kinda boring basically playing against myself with the Beginner Cue. But interestingly enough, after having discovered what you COULD do with it, it actually became entertaining/challenging and I've always enjoyed a good challenge... Not unlike yourself with your Country Cue. :)

Anyway, in my new guest account, the only cue I have is a Beginner Cue... Great fun toughing it out without ANY help. - Certainly requires more thought and control and I also wouldn't be surprised if it didn't put extra pressure on the competition... who wants to get beat by some **** with a Beginner Cue? Cheers!
    I guess I should of used "Goof-ball" instead of the handle on the end of a gearshift. o:)
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 773 Pool Expert
    or a door "handle" :wink:
    Getting back to my original inquiry: Establishing multiple playing accounts...

How exactly do I go about upgrading my guest account to a full status account?

- Would I need additional Facebook accounts?
    - Would I need separate email accounts?

otis4946 wrote: »
    Getting back to my original inquiry: Establishing multiple playing accounts...

How exactly do I go about upgrading my guest account to a full status account?

- Would I need additional Facebook accounts?
    - Would I need separate email accounts?

Anyone... ??
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 773 Pool Expert
    Don't know the answer to that my friend which is why i "left it blank" :smile:
    "If you're asking if you can transfer a guest account into a Miniclip ID, then yes! - You can then use this Miniclip ID anywhere on any device.

On your device, as a precaution note your Unique ID just in case. After you do that, head of to the "Play with Friends" button, and click "Create a Miniclip ID / or Login with FB."

Follow the onscreen instructions and your account with be upgraded. It will transfer all of your progress, stats, coins, etc. to your new account.

Keep in mind if you choose "Login with FB" or "Login with Miniclip," make sure you have never played 8 Ball Pool with that account before, otherwise your progress and coins will not be transferred to an upgraded account." :)

Happy gaming!
    Dalton (Moderator)
    April 2016

***Can ANYONE confirm these directions provided by Dalton (Moderator) in 2016 are still valid?
    Dalton, other mods, anyone in the know... ??