Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Hiding the ball - fair or not?

2»

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,146 Pool Forum Veteran
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    davylfc66 wrote: »
    Hiding the ball is a fair tactic , i hide it from myself in most games :D

LAMO. Post of the week there.

I think there is another contender for post of the week in this thread...

https://8ballpoolforum.miniclip.com/discussion/27916/win-streak#latest

It's the one by theoneandonnly and it beats all others hands down imo LOL
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Looking Good.Posts: 3,077 Pool Champion
    lol, johny rockets. We might see theoneandonly back here in a few months telling us his game is the best its ever been, lol. And i just noticed my typo in there also LAMO. ;)
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,146 Pool Forum Veteran
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    lol, johny rockets. We might see theoneandonly back here in a few months telling us his game is the best its ever been, lol. And i just noticed my typo in there also LAMO. ;)

LOLO ! :D ;)
  • KnutKaseKnutKase Posts: 5 New Member
    KnutKase wrote: »
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    I don't have the patience to win a frame by timing out my opponent, I hate sitting waiting in the tournaments for players to finish, I try it win as fast as possible. :D

Likewise.

But surely that contradicts what your saying. If you win fast it is likely you will be waiting for your next opponent to finish. Whereas if you win slowly then you won’t have any time to wait.

I see no contradiction. By winning as quickly as I can, I control the game. But when I'm against a player that doesn't trust his/her own skill enough to pot the balls to win and simply plays hide and seek, it's not easy to get that control over the game. Yeah ... that causes me to wait sometimes for the next opponent in tournament play ... sometimes it doesn't. I don't have a problem with that.
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,011 Pool Expert
    edited February 16
    Deimos666 wrote: »
    I don't have the patience to win a frame by timing out my opponent, I hate sitting waiting in the tournaments for players to finish, I try it win as fast as possible. :D

Likewise.

But surely that contradicts what your saying. If you win fast it is likely you will be waiting for your next opponent to finish. Whereas if you win slowly then you won’t have any time to wait.

I see no contradiction. By winning as quickly as I can, I control the game. But when I'm against a player that doesn't trust his/her own skill enough to pot the balls to win and simply plays hide and seek, it's not easy to get that control over the game. Yeah ... that causes me to wait sometimes for the next opponent in tournament play ... sometimes it doesn't. I don't have a problem with that.

The contradiction is what you agreed with..... Something I don’t agree with which you have said is that someone who plays hide and seek has no skill. It sounds like it’s you that can’t cope with someone who has a good safety game. If you’d like to prove me wrong then let’s play a few games?
  • ObelObel Posts: 46 Pool Player
    Yes. Lets play. Been so long after our last match
    edited 11:38AM
    Obel wrote: »
    Yes. Lets play. Been so long after our last match

Omg yes you’ve aged considerably since last time I played you. :o But I’m afraid the offer to play wasn’t to you :D
    Post edited by Carlos Tales at
  • ObelObel Posts: 46 Pool Player
    You avoid me at all cost riter :D
    Obel wrote: »
    You avoid me at all cost riter :D

I will play you in Monaco and no limit. So you can take me all in?? When shall we play? :D
2»