Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

9ball without "call pocket" is NOT a game of skill

1235»

Comments

  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,146 Pool Forum Veteran
    Who would have thought it, a small pocket of ageism hiding in a pool hall.
    Although it's a little past the holiday season, would all of you ageists please take note of the mistletoe hanging from my back center belt loop.

    LOL right back at ya sweetypie
    c4hqme5omodx.gif
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,146 Pool Forum Veteran
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

    If you think this old curmudgeon is too scared to voice an opinion, think again. And if I am offended (not likely) you can be assured that I will retaliate in kind, and then some. In this instance the purists, while espousing standards that far exceed the international rules of the game, are wanting to make changes that would take away most of the pleasure I get from playing the game. SO of course I am going to oppose any thought of such changes being implemented. Beginner on this website yes, but over 70 years experience at 9 ball.

    If you think I meant you were too scared to voice an opinion then I suggest you go back to school and relearn how to understand plain and simple English.

    If you think any of my opinions are going to be taken seriously by Miniclip and there is an actual danger of anything I've said actually being implemented then I suggest you are giving me far too much credit for having any influence whatsoever in this arena... I have none.
    I have made a discussion that people have found interesting enough to want to comment on, you should try doing the same without taking things personally.
    Are you really not offended ? Your responses would seem to indicate that you are.

    If you think that being old and curmudgeonly gives you a free pass think again, other people may be falling over themselves to fawn all over you just because you have managed to dodge the grim reaper for longer than most but I am also old and curmudgeonly and I don't think it's any kind of "achievement" and I certainly don't think it warrants a round of applause and backslapping.

    I honestly believe we may have our first Miniclip Pool forum wedding on the cards here <3 and I'm so excited at the prospect of meeting you all.

    May I suggest having the wedding in London (Just because it's the cheapest place! According to MC that is LOL

    It would be a pleasure to meet you all at such a fantastic even. Real Life Pool tables would need to be included at the after party of course, @christhecueball I will look forward to whipping your @ss IRL as much as I've done on this forum :D :D ;)

    Hahaha forum wedding, forum schmedding LOL Once was more than enough thank you very much ( although I might be up for a dirty weekend in Bognor, depending on whether the old fart still has what it takes :D ) LOL

    lol. Congrats on the new forum status Nan. BTW, can we watch?

    LOL Jimmy you really, really wouldn't wanna LOL
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Looking Good.Posts: 3,077 Pool Champion
    edited February 6
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

    LOL Jimmy you really, really wouldn't wanna LOL

    Erm......i dunno Nan. Im kinda getting fed up watching David attenborough all the time, lol.
    Post edited by COOLOCKER on
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,146 Pool Forum Veteran
    COOLOCKER wrote: »

    Erm......i dunno Nan. Im kinda getting fed up watching David attenborough all the time, lol.

    Life On Earth or Blue Planet ?

    The reason I'm asking is because I can't decide if I just got called a gorilla or a whale LOL

  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Looking Good.Posts: 3,077 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    COOLOCKER wrote: »

    Erm......i dunno Nan. Im kinda getting fed up watching David attenborough all the time, lol.

    Life On Earth or Blue Planet ?

    The reason I'm asking is because I can't decide if I just got called a gorilla or a whale LOL

    Neither, i was thinking of Great Natural wonders of the world Nan, lol.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,146 Pool Forum Veteran
    Hahaha Jimmy you sweet talkin' bar steward you LOL
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Looking Good.Posts: 3,077 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Hahaha Jimmy you sweet talkin' bar steward you LOL

    LMAO. Thought that would raise a chuckle alright, if thats all it raises, lol.
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 289 Pool Pro
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

    If you think this old curmudgeon is too scared to voice an opinion, think again. And if I am offended (not likely) you can be assured that I will retaliate in kind, and then some. In this instance the purists, while espousing standards that far exceed the international rules of the game, are wanting to make changes that would take away most of the pleasure I get from playing the game. SO of course I am going to oppose any thought of such changes being implemented. Beginner on this website yes, but over 70 years experience at 9 ball.

    If you think I meant you were too scared to voice an opinion then I suggest you go back to school and relearn how to understand plain and simple English.

    If you think any of my opinions are going to be taken seriously by Miniclip and there is an actual danger of anything I've said actually being implemented then I suggest you are giving me far too much credit for having any influence whatsoever in this arena... I have none.
    I have made a discussion that people have found interesting enough to want to comment on, you should try doing the same without taking things personally.
    Are you really not offended ? Your responses would seem to indicate that you are.

    If you think that being old and curmudgeonly gives you a free pass think again, other people may be falling over themselves to fawn all over you just because you have managed to dodge the grim reaper for longer than most but I am also old and curmudgeonly and I don't think it's any kind of "achievement" and I certainly don't think it warrants a round of applause and backslapping.

    I honestly believe we may have our first Miniclip Pool forum wedding on the cards here <3 and I'm so excited at the prospect of meeting you all.

    May I suggest having the wedding in London (Just because it's the cheapest place! According to MC that is LOL

    It would be a pleasure to meet you all at such a fantastic even. Real Life Pool tables would need to be included at the after party of course, @christhecueball I will look forward to whipping your @ss IRL as much as I've done on this forum :D :D ;)

    ok thats the last time i respond to you..........
    first, how you wanna whip my derriere irl? ya know, i have a 20 yr experience, made it to eurotours (with respectebale results), played the highest leagues in the country of last yrs world 9b champ and was around the top 10-15 here for quite a time......
    .....and 2nd, the reason i ignore you isnt cause you whipping my derriere here too, its more the fact that im tired of teaching you, your a ignorant fool as you show again and again with a lack of understanding for the game.....your views make me only laugh and really arent worth a response anymore!
    but hey, ppl seem to be happy with 2nd best.........
    so long
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,011 Pool Expert
    @christhecueball God Chris you are so boring. If you had any decency we wouldn’t be bickering like this. You started the **** for tat. You was very wrong in one of the threads by laughing at my idea and any decent person would of accepted that they were wrong and apologised for being such a ‘Rodney’. But you chose not too. Instead you chose to hide away and not participate in the thread again.

    And don’t bore me with all this how good you are at irl pool. I could pot 2 balls at the same time side by side in pockets your used too. Try playing on a UK table which I’ve owned and have played since I was 18 and I also have played at high levels for many years.

    You just can’t take it when someone gives it back to you or has better ideas. I’m happy that you’ll not respond to me. You have nothing that I could learn from you nor have you even attempted to help me even if you think you do have something worth sharing. So what a load of rubbish you’ve just spouted again.

    All you've done is laugh and name call. I dont see you laughing at anyone else’s ideas or videos. So you must think I’m the worse player on this forum by aiming all your abuse and laughter solely at me?

    And there you go again laughing till the end and calling me a fool. You may not respond to me abut I dare you to elaborate on what you think is so funny because I’m willing to stick my neck out and say anyone who knows me or anything about this game wouldn’t agree with you. :)
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 446 Pool Pro
    edited February 7
    Ggggg
  • ObelObel Posts: 46 Pool Player
    It's so hot here. Want some drink before continue
  • ATG8ballpoolATG8ballpool Posts: 183 Pool Pro
    How many time can a person win with the help of luck???There are players with more than 100 Miami ring and believe me they are very skilled players..
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,146 Pool Forum Veteran
    How many time can a person win with the help of luck???There are players with more than 100 Miami ring and believe me they are very skilled players..

    Well apparently it's enough times to make a full 10% difference between my win percentages on 8ball vs 9ball, which should explain my frustration LOL

    Also I do believe you of course.

    However, would you agree that the very skilled players you mention do not play hit'n'hope style ? And that they are probably playing mainly against each other by only playing high value games ?
    Which means that they are the guys that keep refusing to play with me on my little 2.5k and 10k games and therefore they won't be playing the hit'n'hopers either ?
    And would you agree that as very skilled players they would probably have no problem with having to call all pockets ?
    Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for all the free coins anyway LOL
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 446 Pool Pro
    edited February 8
    t
    How many time can a person win with the help of luck???There are players with more than 100 Miami ring and believe me they are very skilled players..

    Testify

    py18fc1vgnq3.png
  • whalersailorwhalersailor Posts: 53 Pool Player
    How many time can a person win with the help of luck???There are players with more than 100 Miami ring and believe me they are very skilled players..

    But do they attest to being "whack 'em and stack 'em" aficionados like yours truly (with only 109 Miami rings)?
  • طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد Posts: 1,140 Pool Champion
    I dont find those 'hit n hope' sort of players annoying. Because I dont play 9 ball that much :D
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 120 Pool Pro
    How many time can a person win with the help of luck???There are players with more than 100 Miami ring and believe me they are very skilled players..
    The better player is gonna win in the long run no matter what it's just that the variance is higher on the Miami table. You could be a 70% favourite vs someone in Dallas but only 60% favourite vs that same player in Miami.

    I guess there's nothing wrong with playing the smash n hope style if that's ur bag. I appreciate that many players aren't looking to analyse and strategize every shot and just play the game to relax and have fun. I would just find it annoying when there's a tough table with a few problems to solve and just as your planning your strategy the player smashes away full speed and flukes a random ball in a random pocket. But now that you can get players that match your bet nearly every time in Dallas I can't really complain. So long Miami! :)
  • JJoeJJoe Posts: 523 Pool Expert
    odlllbo wrote: »
    How many time can a person win with the help of luck???There are players with more than 100 Miami ring and believe me they are very skilled players..
    The better player is gonna win in the long run no matter what it's just that the variance is higher on the Miami table. You could be a 70% favourite vs someone in Dallas but only 60% favourite vs that same player in Miami.

    I guess there's nothing wrong with playing the smash n hope style if that's ur bag. I appreciate that many players aren't looking to analyse and strategize every shot and just play the game to relax and have fun. I would just find it annoying when there's a tough table with a few problems to solve and just as your planning your strategy the player smashes away full speed and flukes a random ball in a random pocket. But now that you can get players that match your bet nearly every time in Dallas I can't really complain. So long Miami! :)

    Very well put
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 120 Pool Pro
    joe. wrote: »
    odlllbo wrote: »
    How many time can a person win with the help of luck???There are players with more than 100 Miami ring and believe me they are very skilled players..
    The better player is gonna win in the long run no matter what it's just that the variance is higher on the Miami table. You could be a 70% favourite vs someone in Dallas but only 60% favourite vs that same player in Miami.

    I guess there's nothing wrong with playing the smash n hope style if that's ur bag. I appreciate that many players aren't looking to analyse and strategize every shot and just play the game to relax and have fun. I would just find it annoying when there's a tough table with a few problems to solve and just as your planning your strategy the player smashes away full speed and flukes a random ball in a random pocket. But now that you can get players that match your bet nearly every time in Dallas I can't really complain. So long Miami! :)

    Very well put

    Thanks :)
  • ATG8ballpoolATG8ballpool Posts: 183 Pool Pro
    Corby wrote: »
    t
    How many time can a person win with the help of luck???There are players with more than 100 Miami ring and believe me they are very skilled players..

    Testify

    py18fc1vgnq3.png

    <3 <3 <3
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online14

 **** Lola ****
**** Lola ****
*Cheetah Girl*
*Cheetah Girl*
-Alyna
-Alyna
Dalton Moderator
Dalton Moderator
+10 Guests