Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Classic Cue - Increasing Level?

RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro
Okay... well, I stepped up and now have three cues in my stable; Beginner, Standard and the Classic Cue.
I know... pretty darn impressive! B)

My question: Is it possible to increase the level on the Classic Cue without unintentionally acquiring other Victory cues in the process? At the moment, I have no interest in adding any other cues except maybe a Country Cue. - I hate clutter! :#

Comments

• !Murray!Murray Posts: 85 Pool Player
    It's only possible with victory boxes, I'm afraid :/
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro
    !Murray wrote: »

PLEASE, someone tell me this ain't so! - How ridiculous! :s

Okay... then maybe someone will sell me their maxed-out Classic Cue?

!Murray wrote: »

Maybe some kind of "work-around" like I discovered for acquiring the Standard Cue?
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 952 Pool Expert
    Unfortunately upgrading cues is purely a victory box type thing that's exclusive to mobile. But once you get in the high tiers, the victory boxes will get more useful
  • The Titan!!The Titan!! Posts: 1,996 Pool Champion
    Upgrading cues is totally unnecessary anyway. I mean with just some basic practice you can be good with using lower, decent powered cues.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,867 Pool Forum Veteran
    I use the lvl 1 classic cue ( I can't upgrade it on pc anyway ) and I think it's a great little cue
    The game is different on mobile in that way unfortunately, its set up where having a low powered cue is a real disadvantage - on PC, you can easily manage with a lower cue if you know what you're doing.

Keep opening victory boxes, and you'll eventually unlock a nice cue. You'll just have to put up with the cutter though! :#
  • ObelObel Posts: 78 Pool Player
    edited February 28
    JJoe wrote: »
    The game is different on mobile in that way unfortunately, its set up where having a low powered cue is a real disadvantage - on PC, you can easily manage with a lower cue if you know what you're doing.

Keep opening victory boxes, and you'll eventually unlock a nice cue. You'll just have to put up with the cutter though! :#

Yeah. I got shark cue for free. Btw thanks joe. Sorry were in rush in last game :)
    Upgrading cues is totally unnecessary anyway. I mean with just some basic practice you can be good with using lower, decent powered cues.

Please don't get me wrong, the Standard and Classic Cues both play just fine. They're both so much more versatile than the Beginner Cue. I really enjoy winning against players with much stronger cues.

Playing with just these cues, specifically when would I begin to encounter issues competing against stronger players with stronger cues?

Please don't get me wrong, the Standard and Classic Cues both play just fine. They're both so much more versatile than the Beginner Cue. I really enjoy winning against players with much stronger cues.

Playing with just these cues, specifically when would I begin to encounter issues competing against stronger players with stronger cues?

Tbh it depends on the player, I know i'd encounter issues as I can't aim! But you might not
    I mean, it would probably be hard once you get to Seoul, Mumbai, Berlin because of the coin reduction meaning you would need to win well over 50% to be able to keep playing there. Seoul, you put 20m in and get 19.0 back. Mumbai: put 15 in get 28.2 back. Berlin: put 25 in get 46.5 back. Then again I am friends with a guy who has 9 Mumbai rings and only uses the beginner cue so it's possible if you're able to be good enough!
    Murray, I'm curious! - Why isn't the winner returned even odds on these tables?

I'm not familiar with this "coin reduction" thing.

What is it specifically about your friends play that allows him such success with but a lowly Beginner Cue?
    The reduction is probably because of legendary cues. There would be too many people playing Berlin, etc and too few playing the mid-tier tables like Dubai - Bangkok if there was no reduction. If you click the ℹ️ on one of the top 3 tables it tells you. He just got used to it. I mean, he has 20k+ games so he improved and worked his way up.
    So I guess it's simply a matter of knowing what you can and can't do!