Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

More than 1 acccount

Tomislav RašićTomislav Rašić Posts: 1 New Member
Am i allowed to have more than 1 acount on 8 ball pool multiplayer?

Comments

• JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 952 Pool Expert
    Yes, as many alts as you want :)

Just, you can't play against your own alts of course
  • Tálhá SájjádTálhá Sájjád UnknownsvillePosts: 672 Pool Expert
    Yeah, you are allowed to have as many accounts as you want.
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 952 Pool Expert
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    On average you got the correct amount of c's as well. ;)

du19wszd047d.jpg

lol
  • Tálhá SájjádTálhá Sájjád UnknownsvillePosts: 672 Pool Expert
    JJoe wrote: »
    On average you got the correct amount of c's as well. ;)

du19wszd047d.jpg

lol

lol x 2
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,392 Pool Forum VIP
    edited March 11
    As others have said...you can make and have as many alts as you want.... ;)

And as also said, you cannot play against any of your own accounts....but even more important in relation to the forum here, you can only use one to ever sign in here....using multiple accounts to post with is verboten....it could get you banned.... :*

X5lbOom.gif

• odlllboodlllbo Posts: 437 Pool Pro
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    As others have said...you can make and have as many alts as you want.... ;)

And as also said, you cannot play against any of your own accounts....but even more important in relation to the forum here, you can only use one to ever sign in here....using multiple accounts to post with is verboten....it could get you banned.... :*

X5lbOom.gif

As it should be. That would be quite deceptive and dishonest behavior akin to cheating imo.
    edited March 11
    There's practice mode if someone wants to play himself. Does not affect the stats.

I do believe that also applies to the original PC version as well in play friends mode....since no coins are involved and no stats are affected at all, they do not care if you play against two accounts ...... no coins and no stats padding ...hence no problem....however, I could be wrong on that, but many people do it and have no issues....such as in setting up trick shots and stuff.....

The only time playing against two accounts matters to them is when playing in games involving coins/stats (coins transfers etc.).... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

• Jim SheppardJim Sheppard Posts: 21 Pool Player
    edited March 12
    I have some "Issues" with this. Why not allow transfer of Pool Coins between accounts? It would seem to me to eliminate all these rules violations. Particularly since an individual IS permitted to own more than one account.

These "rules" about not playing between accounts are not very well pointed out. Oh, I am sure they are somewhere in the fine print...but were it not for this forum, I would never have known.

I recall attempting to play with two of my 3 accounts a year or so back...unsuccessfully. Basically, I wanted to move the pool coins to my main account. All were earned...so what's the big deal? Okay...I get it...but a month or so later I was "fined" a huge amount of coins and not told why...other than I had broken the rules. Since the events happened after substantial time had passed, I had no idea what I was being penalized for. I now theorize it was that attempt to play with two of my accounts. When I asked the reason, I was told "we don't have to tell you why" which really aggravated me.

Time has passed and I have put it all behind me...but I only use my main account now...and have had no rules violation issues since.

Long story short (I know...too late)...why not be more transparent with the rules? AND why not allow transfer of coins between accounts?

We should not have to sift through these thousands of Forum conversations to find the rules.
    edited March 12
    I have some "Issues" with this. Why not allow transfer of Pool Coins between accounts? It would seem to me to eliminate all these rules violations. Particularly since an individual IS permitted to own more than one account.

These "rules" about not playing between accounts are not very well pointed out. Oh, I am sure they are somewhere in the fine print...but were it not for this forum, I would never have known.

I recall attempting to play with two of my 3 accounts a year or so back...unsuccessfully. Basically, I wanted to move the pool coins to my main account. All were earned...so what's the big deal? Okay...I get it...but a month or so later I was "fined" a huge amount of coins and not told why...other than I had broken the rules. Since the events happened after substantial time had passed, I had no idea what I was being penalized for. I now theorize it was that attempt to play with two of my accounts. When I asked the reason, I was told "we don't have to tell you why" which really aggravated me.

Time has passed and I have put it all behind me...but I only use my main account now...and have had no rules violation issues since.

Long story short (I know...too late)...why not be more transparent with the rules? AND why not allow transfer of coins between accounts?

We should not have to sift through these thousands of Forum conversations to find the rules.

Just wanted to let you know....you are correct that it is there in the fine print on the main game site...but not really that hard to find as can be seen in this video:

You can also find it directly on the game page:

wod9iC1.png

As to the why's and why not's, I cannot address that as I have no affiliation of any kind with MiniClip.... ;) :)

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • Ryan CawdorRyan Cawdor Posts: 293 Pool Pro
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    you can only use one to ever sign in here....using multiple accounts to post with is verboten....it could get you banned.... :*

Well, due to the crappy forum software being used, this can be easily done by accident.

If you're logged into Miniclip.com playing a pool game and then you decide to visit the forums, the forum software takes the cookie that you used to play pool and applies it towards the forum software.

For example, if I'm playing pool as "Ryan Cawdor" and then visit the forum for the first time, it defaults me as a "Ryan Cawdor" handle for the forum. But let's say that later on, I'm playing pool as "Cawdor Ryan" and then visit the forum for the first time -- using that handle. Then the forum software reads that as entirely new handle and gives me that "Cawdor Ryan" handle -- a new handle. Duplicate account on the forum.

An entirely honest mistake that can be made if you forget what handle you're logged in as.

This forum software should be configured using a totally separate cookie. So regardless of what account you use to play pool, it requires a different cookie when you visit the forum. Then no more accidental duplicate accounts on the forum.