Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Who feels 8 ball pool is rigged?

Aniel SheombarAniel Sheombar Posts: 10 New Member
Hello people,

I have been trying to establish whether or not the game is rigged. I have had a massive amount of experiences that suggests this game is rigged by the software developers. But maybe I'm being cynical and no one else feels that way. Anyway, please comment on this question. Thanks in advance :smile:

Ps I do like the game, but not the tricks miniclip servers plays in order to control the outcome of a game.

Comments

• LifeEternalLifeEternal Posts: 517 Pool Expert
    Search ''rigged'' on forum.
  • whalersailorwhalersailor Posts: 113 Pool Pro
    Rigged to benefit whom? You, me, them?
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,392 Pool Forum VIP
    edited March 11
    As @whalersailor said....what would be the point?.....I see no benefits to such activity at all.... :*

It is an online game with multiple factors involved...from different systems, connection speeds and 4 different connections in every game....each players connections and systems, the servers and the game site itself....the more factors that are involved in any situation creates more potential for problems and issues to arise.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
  • Christine LeeChristine Lee Posts: 8 Pool Player
    100% rigged.
    Rigged to benefit Miniclip of course. Sure you can play for FREE all you want, however by losing games and the coins that are associated with playing the game. Miniclip hopes you will BUY some.

I make a new account almost every day that I play. It's no coincidence that with each account I see the same types of rigging show up in 1000's of different games and accounts.

OP, talking about the game being rigged here will get you know where. Either the 8 ball pool fanboys and fangirls will argue with you that there isn't any foul play by Miniclip or Miniclip themselves will silence you.

Bottom line is it's a pretty fun game to play for FREE and NEVER, EVER NEVER, spend any MONEY here. Save it, don't feed the Moneyclip pockets.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    100% rigged.
    Rigged to benefit Miniclip of course. Sure you can play for FREE all you want, however by losing games and the coins that are associated with playing the game. Miniclip hopes you will BUY some.

I make a new account almost every day that I play. It's no coincidence that with each account I see the same types of rigging show up in 1000's of different games and accounts.

OP, talking about the game being rigged here will get you know where. Either the 8 ball pool fanboys and fangirls will argue with you that there isn't any foul play by Miniclip or Miniclip themselves will silence you.

Bottom line is it's a pretty fun game to play for FREE and NEVER, EVER NEVER, spend any MONEY here. Save it, don't feed the Moneyclip pockets.

This is just pure genius writing, made me smile . :)
  • Tálhá SájjádTálhá Sájjád UnknownsvillePosts: 672 Pool Expert
    edited March 11
    G11gaming wrote: »
    100% rigged.

This is just pure genius writing, made me smile . :)

We'll see the same comments after a month or so. :D
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    This should be clinically tested. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Nothing wrong with sarcasm lass. :* as long as the online community gets it, innit, lol. :D ;)
    edited March 11
    Either the 8 ball pool fanboys and fangirls will argue with you that there isn't any foul play by Miniclip or Miniclip themselves will silence you.

Your not so subtle dig about 'fanboys' is kind of moot in my case... ;)

I have played well over 150,000 games in the last 8 years.....and never spent a dime of real money.... :* ...Never will either.... ;)

I have also been quite vociferous in my distaste of the coins and associated fluff since the day they were introduced.....never made any secret of that at all ....you can rest assured.... :*

Just because I <3 the game and physics by no means makes me a fan of MiniClip in any way.....we have had many, many differences over the years.... :)

X5lbOom.gif
  • Aniel SheombarAniel Sheombar Posts: 10 New Member
    100% rigged.

Hi Christine,

Thanks for this candid answer! I appreciate it. Btw, I am not too afraid of the fanboys and gals, nor miniclip itself. I did not think I could change what is wrong by posting it here. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed the illogical (defying physics) and childish way (I LOL very often when the server algorithm is bend on making you loose) the software developers try to keep you playing and seducing you to spend money. I personally did spend money on this. But I will not anymore. That's some sound advice you gave there. Its a racket, and by far a fairplay game.

Note: I ALSO hate it when I feel my opponent should have won, but is snookered, looses connection or scratches the ball or something else that miniclip throws at him/her. Its just not fair. Not how I would want to win. Now and then I deliberately pot the black ball to loose as a way of protest. Not that it helps, I know that.

Since the introduction of the legendary cues and boxes and all that kind of jazz, things are getting progressively worse for those that seek a honest game of pool. Nowadays is almost as if the winner of any particular game is predetermined before it starts. Its a shame, because I liked the game as it once was.
    Games like 'Three-card Monte' are even easier.....in fact, it is inherent.... ;) :)

X5lbOom.gif

It must be difficult to rig a game like pool because a good player knows how the shot should go. Games like bingo are much easier.

Exactly, yet they go ahead and do just that. Its a insult to the intelligence of players. As if we won't notice.

Maybe we should start a list of the different tricks used.

1. Miniclip bots.
    It must be difficult to rig a game like pool because a good player knows how the shot should go. Games like bingo are much easier.

Exactly, yet they go ahead and do just that. Its a insult to the intelligence of players. As if we won't notice.

1. Miniclip bots.

Do you have any proof?

1. Miniclip bots.

Do you have any proof?

What would constitute valid proof? If you mean, the proverbial smoking gun, one would have to have access to the servers. That's not happening.

2. Variations in the power and spin you apply. This usually happens on the last ball before the black.

edited March 15

1. Miniclip bots.

Do you have any proof?

What would constitute valid proof? If you mean, the proverbial smoking gun, one would have to have access to the servers. That's not happening.

2. Variations in the power and spin you apply. This usually happens on the last ball before the black.

It's not a valid answer.What is Miniclip bots?Explain me and all forum users

1. Miniclip bots.

Do you have any proof?

I'm pretty sure that those forum users that encountered a bot account / activity know what I'm talking about. If that's not the case for you, consider yourself lucky.

Again, this is not about providing proof. No one can do that without having access to servers. Its about player experiences. if you never experiences any rigging, than yay! for you.

3. Connection drops on critical moments in your game (usually when you are about to win, usually last ball before the 8 ball, or on the 8 ball itself). You check your internet connection, and see that all other apps are connected to the net and fully functional.

1. Miniclip bots.

Do you have any proof?

I'm pretty sure that those forum users that encountered a bot account / activity know what I'm talking about. If that's not the case for you, consider yourself lucky.

Again, this is not about providing proof. No one can do that without having access to servers. Its about player experiences. if you never experiences any rigging, than yay! for you.

3. Connection drops on critical moments in your game (usually when you are about to win, usually last ball before the 8 ball, or on the 8 ball itself). You check your internet connection, and see that all other apps are connected to the net and fully functional.

Bot account.This is a serious accusation ! This is a video game for fun ,not more.Game is not realistic,not perfect but funny.
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 468 Pool Pro

1. Miniclip bots.

Do you have any proof?

1. lol MC bots :D
    would love to play one once....... must be the easiest win ever playing a bot coded by MC lol
    ya know, MC is a gaming site and they have been just lucky to get this great game presented from devs who are long left the company, theres noone left there who has a clue about pool and who would be able to code a competitive bot like you suggest! (such a bot would prolly lose to a 8 yr old playing his first game lol)

2. no! i NEVER felt what you suggest here (on PC).....when i snooker myself i usually know why it happened and its ALWAYS a result of a mistake you have made.......maybe already 3-4 balls before the actual incident!

this game surely has some flaws (cheaters, serverissues....) but they dont rig it against certain players! why should they do that??? even if so, they must be really bad at it since i NEVER experienced a situation in my about 150k games here which made me suspect MC doing so........ and no, im surely no MC fanboy lol but i know whats going on on the table!

but theres a easy solution...... make a vid of you playing, post a suspicious situation here and we try to tell you what went wrong......even when the result will be a hansen-dawson moment lol

pvsnltl5d9g1.png
    edited March 15
    The worst rigging in the game......

Right when you are getting ready to shoot the 8 ball for the win....Donald Trump fires someone else.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

• christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 468 Pool Pro
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    The worst rigging in the game......

Right when you are getting ready to shoot the 8 ball for the win....Donald Trump fires someone else.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

soon..... :D

26c5mn.jpg

1. Miniclip bots.

Do you have any proof?

1. lol MC bots :D
    would love to play one once....... must be the easiest win ever playing a bot coded by MC lol
    ya know, MC is a gaming site and they have been just lucky to get this great game presented from devs who are long left the company, theres noone left there who has a clue about pool and who would be able to code a competitive bot like you suggest! (such a bot would prolly lose to a 8 yr old playing his first game lol)

2. no! i NEVER felt what you suggest here (on PC).....when i snooker myself i usually know why it happened and its ALWAYS a result of a mistake you have made.......maybe already 3-4 balls before the actual incident!

this game surely has some flaws (cheaters, serverissues....) but they dont rig it against certain players! why should they do that??? even if so, they must be really bad at it since i NEVER experienced a situation in my about 150k games here which made me suspect MC doing so........ and no, im surely no MC fanboy lol but i know whats going on on the table!

but theres a easy solution...... make a vid of you playing, post a suspicious situation here and we try to tell you what went wrong......even when the result will be a hansen-dawson moment lol

pvsnltl5d9g1.png

This is a m,aster piece. Chris. :D