Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

General Puzzles, Problems & Riddles! (View 1st Post BEFORE You Answer or Ask!)

14567810»

Comments

• _raoul_raoul Posts: 280 Pool Pro
    Seems like you are saying there should be the topics of the problems you are familiar with. Am I correct?

No, I am saying I'm probably the only one here capable of solving it, so if you want me to try you better give me a hint. :)

Seems like you are saying there should be the topics of the problems you are familiar with. Am I correct?

No, I am saying I'm probably the only one here capable of solving it, so if you want me to try you better give me a hint. :)

Hey Michael, how about some more of these?
  • طلحہ سجادطلحہ سجاد UnknownsvillePosts: 605 Pool Expert
    _raoul wrote: »
    Hey Michael, how about some more of these?

It seems that Michael hasn't been active for a while. So, can't others post the puzzles etc here by their own? or may be create another thread? That'd be a nice thread...
    It will be difficult to emulate what Michael had going. He was a stern taskmaster, and he wasn't afraid to post a question that maybe one in 10k people could answer, and then tell you you're wrong if you post an equivalent answer in slightly different form.
    We'll just wait for Mike to show up, then.
    All right, here's one.

An equilateral triangle with sides of length x has a point inside with a distance of 1 from each of the triangle's vertices. What is x?
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Sorry, I'm a lady...Posts: 6,864 Pool Forum VIP
    All right, here's one.

An equilateral triangle with sides of length x has a point inside with a distance of 1 from each of the triangle's vertices. What is x?

X is lost. It was minding its own business representing the Microsoft operating system, Windows 10, when it got caught in a triangle demanding to take sides. IT's now in the intersection and does not no where to go. May soon be on the edge. Sorry if this did not reply to your question, I have no idea what I'm talking about here.
  • MozoidMozoid Posts: 773 Pool Expert
    edited March 25
    X is the 24th letter of the alphabet.
    All right, here's one.

I am getting an irrational number for x... :#
    Can you give a hint... Whether the solution is rational or not?
    edited March 26
    I am getting an irrational number for x... :#
    Can you give a hint... Whether the solution is rational or not?

Yep, it is irrational.
    x= sqrt (3) .. not sure if it's true. . .
    x= sqrt (3) .. not sure if it's true. . .

Yep, you got it.
    Oh, Yeah!! That was a nice one. Post more or should I post one?
14567810»