Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Music from your childhood.

1192021222325»

Comments

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,701 Pool Champion
    edited April 28
    Jayzus, was i really only 11 when this came out? loved it. And i can see where i made the transition to reggae easily.

Another classic though, from Buster. R.I.P

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,113 Pool Forum VIP
    edited April 28
    Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water

And from the very first Album I ever owned:

Pink Floyd - Several Species Of Small Furry Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict

X5lbOom.gif
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water

And from the very first Album I ever owned:

Pink Floyd - Several Species Of Small Furry Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict

X5lbOom.gif

Magic Jeff. The Floyd didnt come into my life until much later in life. Maybe around 22 years of age (shocking, i know) but when they did, OMG, magic. Pure unadulterated (spelling?) joy.
    edited April 28
    @COOLOCKER - My cousin gave me the Ummagumma Album for my 12th birthday in 1969, making it the first album I owned.....have loved their music ever since as well...... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
    @COOLOCKER - My cousin gave me the Ummagumma Album for my 12th birthday in 1969, making it the first album I owned.....have loved their music ever since as well...... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

A hard album to come across Jeff, if you want to own it in your collection. I know, i tried, lol.
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,050 Pool Champion
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Jayzus, was i really only 11 when this came out? loved it. And i can see where i made the transition to reggae easily.
    Buster is still alive & well ! He lost loads of weight, went down from 31 stone to about 13 stone after surgery ! But he's still with us
    X5lbOom.gif
    Got Ummagumma on vinyl, also Atom Heart Mother ! 2 great early Floyd albums !
    cidercoder wrote: »
    Buster is still alive & well ! He lost loads of weight, went down from 31 stone to about 13 stone after surgery ! But he's still with us

Wow, i had to google that to be sure Cider. I honestly thought he was gone about 2 years ago. Cant find anything to say he did or did not die, lol. Again, wow. Lip up fatty.
    cidercoder wrote: »

Wow, i had to google that to be sure Cider. I honestly thought he was gone about 2 years ago. Cant find anything to say he did or did not die, lol. Again, wow. Lip up fatty.
    He was on his way out due to his weight, but he underwent laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery in 2004, his weight dropping from 31 stone to 13 stone, as far as I know he's still alive ! At least wikipedia thinks he is !
    I remember that Cider. It was do or die at the time. Im gobsmacked that he might still be alive, coz as i said, i honestly thought he was a gonner. Again , wow, coz thats brilliant.

BTW, you willing to sell that Ummagumma album? lol.

NO.... i hear ya mate, lol.
    edited May 6
    "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "The ABC Song".....

Same tune, different lyrics... ;) :)

X5lbOom.gif