Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Improved chance of getting a Legendary Cue?

2»

Comments

• Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 356 Pool Pro
    Read the payback again - UP TO 6 PERCENT PER CUE. With 20 legendary cues my average payback is about 80 percent per loss regardless of amount bet. This is in 9 ball only.

miniclips official explanation of the mysterious "up to" clause is hugely amusing: :D

"With the new Legendary cues, you can now have up to 6% payback of your entry fee per cue. The final percentage is random and depends on various factors.

Why did we do it? In order to keep the integrity of the game and to keep it fair, we did a small change in the percentage you can win per Legendary cue, we changed it to up to 6% per cue.

Why did we change it? To keep the game competitive so that when you enter a match you'll have the will to win it. Probably, if you already knew that you would fully receive your entry fee back, maybe you wouldn't put the same effort as you would normally do.

You can win the full entry fee but is never 100% guaranteed, so good luck and good matches"

so basically the 2 things to take from that are:

1) why do they do it? well it seems miniclip have deduced you just wouldn't try hard enough if you knew you had 100% fee back coming and freerolling your way to billions of coins would ruin the competitive part of the game for you as you clearly cant be trusted to take the game seriously anymore with a safety net of 100% fee back in place, so for your own good to make sure you still put the effort in to play well miniclip have put the stabalizing wheels back on the bike, because obviously you can't be trusted to take the game seriously of your own volition :D

2) how do they do it? up to 6% per cue and you can win the full entry fee back but it's never fully guaranteed

so what determining factors are used to decide this?....................."The final percentage is random and depends on various factors"

so what are those factors you ask? why are you even asking it's there in black and white............they're "various" lol

they cant make it more clear, open and transparent than that can they? i mean jeez, what do you guys want??!! :D :D

yes, that's about as laughably generically vague as miniclip can make it

but i can, with a very high degree of certainty clear up now what the factors, or factor, should i say, that determines what % you will get back

remember miniclip has stated it's random, it would be hugely false advertising if it was fixed or rigged when there's a product being sold here, so there IS a random element to it

the "factor" is a simple one...........buy in amount, that's it, very simple, this is the determining factor in what part of the "up to" you get back

but i'm sure you're thinking then how can it be random?

ok, this is how, imagine the random amount you get back being displayed by a mystery bag you dip your hand into a win a prize yeah? there are 100 pieces of paper with a number written on them in this bag

when you play a 10m match 80% of the pieces of paper with a number of what you're getting back written on them in the bag say 15 %

10% say 25%

5% say 40%

and so on and so on

BUT when you drop down to jakarta, now 50 pieces of paper in the bag say 40%

20 pieces say 60%

20 pieces say 80%

10% pieces say 100%

so like miniclip say, it IS random, there ARE other factors

but having established what the other factor(s) is, and how they keep it "random" to make buying all the legendary cues n attractive proposition, if you have any pretensions of playing high level tier pool and using the feeback sceme from the legendary cues to help build a coin based bank roll, then think again, you'll be very disappointed, the best you can hope for is for the fee back to cover the rake charge the game charges you to play the higher tier games, and a tiny little bit on top after
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 115 Pool Pro
    @Nineballina Ge Mind boggling explanation! But makes sense... and very profitable of Miniclip to come up with this model!
  • whalersailorwhalersailor Posts: 112 Pool Pro
    "Nine balla"

I generally play low to medium (100-50,000) since I play only for fun. No desire to accumulate large amounts of coin. I have probably played 10 to 20 times each in the 100k to 10m levels. I am an aficionado of the "smash 'em and stack 'em" style for which I make no apologies. It's my coin and I will play my way.
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 356 Pool Pro
    "Nine balla"

I generally play low to medium (100-50,000) since I play only for fun. No desire to accumulate large amounts of coin. I have probably played 10 to 20 times each in the 100k to 10m levels. I am an aficionado of the "smash 'em and stack 'em" style for which I make no apologies. It's my coin and I will play my way.

absolutely mate, go for it, no one can tell you how to play the game, you've downloaded it like everyone else, good luck to ya

i'm the same tbh, play for fun

thanks for replying, i think your reply about the levels you play at and losing fee % you get back reaffirms my contention about the buy in based fee back process that the system is governed by

i wish miniclip would just tell people thats what it is, instead of the mysterious "other factors" whilst reinforcing the "random element" of it

they've covered them selves technically but seems a bit duplicitous to me to have worded it the way they have instead of coming out like they did with their statement about cue pieces patronizingly using collecting stickers for a sticker album analogy "the more stickers you collect, the more you will get doubles" so i dont know why they dont just be similarly simplistic with the losing fee back % system and say...............

"guys, the higher up the levels you go, although the process is random, the higher the buy in, the less higher amounts there are for our random generated machine to pick"

simples

rather than all this cloak and dagger stuff

we're all adults, no one is going to boycott the legendaries cue because the higher up we go the less we'll get back from losing matches, it's a bonus, and i didnt know about it until i got my first legendary

just why be so underhanded about the "other factors" part when i can say having played several thousand games at the highest and medium/low levels that the losing fee back factor is 100% determined by buy in amount

you tell people that and at least they know what to expect, you treat your customers like they're raving idiots don't be surprised when they start acting like it making official complaints because a single tournament didnt show up

and for the small percentage of the time when we're not acting like raving idiots i think we can just about handle hearing that the fee back system is structured around buy in amount

• d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 115 Pool Pro
    we're all adults, no one is going to boycott the legendaries cue because the higher up we go the less we'll get back from losing matches, it's a bonus, and i didnt know about it until i got my first legendary

Agreed. Be up front so no one will question. Don't say 100% and then later reveal or make us find out the fine print. Now where's my pacifier?!? I feel like a little baby now LOL
2»