Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How to know if a player is using cheats?

denisehiltondenisehilton Posts: 4 New Member
It has happened multiple times when i play tournaments. Some players use some sort of scripts to automatically play the game. I've seen unbelievable shots that a normal human can't play repeatedly. I am sure many of them use scripts and cheats to win. How to do identify them?
Tagged:

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,619 Pool Forum Veteran
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Virtually every single regular member here is vehemently anti-cheating so don't take it amiss when I say that your post sounds like something a relative newbie at the game would write.

Believe it or not but there are thousands upon thousands of players who are extremely good at this game, and when you see shots that you think are unbelievable you should consider the fact that many of the old pro's in this game have spent literally years constantly practising precisely the kind of shots that can make your jaw drop.

Yes there are cheats in this game, unfortunately, and we all wish MC would do a lot more to deal with them, but I would not like to see you tar everyone with the same brush just because they can make shots that you and I can only dream of making.

• odlllboodlllbo Posts: 365 Pool Pro
    I would be very surprised if there are scripts that automatically play the game (like in online poker) due to how difficult and time consuming that would be to create and code. And unlike poker, there's no money to be made in this game so i cant see the motivation tbh. Maybe there's a lucrative 8ball black market for such things that I don't know about tho :)

I think Nanny got it right that it's most likely just experienced players that have spent hundreds, or even thousands, of hours playing the game. My indirect skills arent that great so when i see players in Berlin making tough bank shots on the 8 game after game I sometimes start to suspect cheating too. Just have to remind myself that there are many players who play only Berlin or only indirect so they're able to line up bank shots as easy as I can with regular shots.
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 493 Pool Pro
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Virtually every single regular member here is vehemently anti-cheating so don't take it amiss when I say that your post sounds like something a relative newbie at the game would write.

Believe it or not but there are thousands upon thousands of players who are extremely good at this game, and when you see shots that you think are unbelievable you should consider the fact that many of the old pro's in this game have spent literally years constantly practising precisely the kind of shots that can make your jaw drop.

Yes there are cheats in this game, unfortunately, and we all wish MC would do a lot more to deal with them, but I would not like to see you tar everyone with the same brush just because they can make shots that you and I can only dream of making.

YES!
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 115 Pool Pro
    It has happened multiple times when i play tournaments. Some players use some sort of scripts to automatically play the game. I've seen unbelievable shots that a normal human can't play repeatedly. I am sure many of them use scripts and cheats to win. How to do identify them?

Hi Denise. Welcome to the Forum. As Nanny so eloquently put it, we've all been in your shoes especially when we first started. Hah I sound like I'm one these "vets" like Nanny but I've only been playing since December. In reference to "impossible shots", I have seen and in the process have done some of these incredible shots that would be next to impossible on a real world table. You have to understand that this video game (yes this is in it's essence a digitally created video game) will never duplicate the real world physics of a real world pool table... the friction of a pool table's cloth... the nuances of a slip of the cue ball when using English... cheating the pocket...

What Miniclip can do is create a video game that mimics the best it can the game of billiards using mathematical physics the best it can. But at the same time Miniclip does take liberties by using their FAST sys of Force, Aim, Spin, Time. So one is to assume that a cue that has better FAST numbers have a higher probability of making those near impossible angle/cut shots for example.

Having said this, you will discover (if you continue to spend more time engrossed and learning about this video game), there this game is not without "abuse". Namely the "black market" of selling accounts with coins to others. Teams of players sharing the same account and playing 24/7 to continually build coins to win leagues. The transferring of coins between accounts to allow these ventures. These are just a few of the major ones. I am hesitant to call them "cheats" because I like to think of them as more like "loopholes" that are there and are just being exploited. Miniclip could easily step in and nip them in the bud if they choose to. But then again, it's easier said than done because as with most loopholes... when you patch one, there's usually another to be found and exploited. So I don't envy Miniclip in that sense.

So what can we do? Learn to live with it and adapt... OR as many have done, just quit playing and find another video game from the app store to download and get addicted to until they find another :smile: My advice (the same as many here will tell you), just try not to get too frustrated and enjoy the game for what it is. Make small goals for yourself like "I'm going for this ring" or "I'm going to play until I lose X amount then take a break". Either way, don't get down about it. Have fun.