Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Strange visual errors.

LagLag Posts: 2 New Member
I just loaded into the game on the new version and i see many visual errors like mixed up textures.

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,086 Pool Forum VIP
    edited April 30
    Hello and welcome to the forum..... :)

Yeah....glitches of all kinds happen and have for years...

X5lbOom.gif
  • LagLag Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm just wondering if there is something i can do about it. I have a picture i could provide but i'm too new to the forums to do so.
    edited April 30
    If it is just glitches you are seeing, usually a couple refreshes will help fix it...or logging out and back in, clearing your browser cache and/or restarting it, switching to a different one can help sometimes too..... ;)

Or you might have to wait a bit if it is a universal issue effecting everyone (although everything looks normal on my end)....
    The weekend support team will get to work on it sometime this week.... :| ..maybe.... :*

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • ZX 10 RZX 10 R Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10RPosts: 590 Pool Expert
    Not only in 8 ball do you get strange visual errors , playing bullfrog last night all players had their own avatars and then all same persons .gt5vdlwftqba.png
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 356 Pool Pro
    ZX 10 R wrote: »
    Not only in 8 ball do you get strange visual errors , playing bullfrog last night all players had their own avatars and then all same persons .gt5vdlwftqba.png

ok so short handed but 300 bb deep, we're utg with 2 super big stacks on the table, with 12000 bb, so a lot of play to be had here, you wanna be raising with a far higher % of the time short handed with the two mega deep stacks as your utg range will become too transparent and short handed is where range merging becomes really important as it allows to to outplay our opponents down the streets

so i'd be opening super wide in this spot but if we get 3 bet then its a fold or 4 bet jam, even with these stacks, but opponent dependent

so we have position over the blinds whos calling range is huge and will be calling a high % of the time here but our utg raise looks super strong and oppo will be folding to a c-bet on a missed flop quite often

would be a horrible spot to float OOP to utg raiser on a missed board and this spot is super -EV for a float for oppo, so if we do get called we can re-**** the turn as we're reasonably sure our opponent has something a high % of the time and isnt just floating

i like the 3 barrel bluff here with pot control when super deep if it doesnt work for meta game purposes and people see how super wide you're opening utg makes then next time when you fire 3 barrels ultra difficult for opponent to fold anything knowing how polarized your range is having opened in this spot previously with such a wide range

but if oppo knows the standard line you're now taking and merging your ranges makes it easier for him to make standard ICM calls without having to do much work, so mix up the lines you take, bet sizing etc, range merging is important but short handed can become a bit robotic and formulaic so we wanna be playing small ball poker here and outplaying our opponents with some super sick reads, online tells, and that little feeling in your stomach that tells you he's bluffing post flop poker, and we also run into a high % of the time a calling station who doesnt understand range merging and your subtle attempts to make bluffs look like the nuts and vice versa will be wasted on said oppo, so short handed is still very much about situational assessment

so basically how it goes down is, oppo will smooth a standard raise slow playing AA board will roll out a3j to which it goes check bet call, turn comes a 4 and the action now goes check check, the river rolls out a 5 no flush at which point oppo leads out and we fist pump shove, which oppo insta calls expecting to see a set of 5's or A5 and then fist pump the double through with what im hoping is some sort of fist pump emoji the game has, and after that the tourneys yours for the taking

@odlllbo is this the right line to take mate

wait, what game is this, where are we, what forum am i on, what year is this, did planet of the apes happen yet??!!
    If you are trying to make a simple point just do it .
    edited May 11

i was talking poker theory/strategy

that was the simple version
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,682 Pool Champion
    For those who havent seen my glitch yet, lol. This has to be the strangest glitch ever in 8 ball pool. It wasnt affecting my cue, but you can see the bottom right is covered when im plaing.

• LifeEternalLifeEternal Posts: 493 Pool Pro
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    For those who havent seen my glitch yet, lol. This has to be the strangest glitch ever in 8 ball pool. It wasnt affecting my cue, but you can see the bottom right is covered when im plaing.

probably :) very interesting glitch ! lol

probably :) very interesting glitch ! lol

I believe it is related to this issue:

https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/28345/ad-placement-making-the-game-un-playable

X5lbOom.gif
    i was gonna say what am i supposed to be seeing here lol

at the start i thought maybe it was part of the pc version and maybe you could make your cue look like an object or something

then when it settled in bottom corner was just proper strange though, very frustrating, but weird that it attached to his cue again though!!??

did you see the glitch i posted the other day @COOLOCKER about the disappearing pockets? i posted a few pics, super weird like yours, but i potted mine into the literally blind pocket *cough cough* B) :D :D :D

i know these glitches can happen, and are rare, but when people pay money to play, or put a lot of time into an account, this not only ruins the fun of a match but kinda not cool leaving people hanging like that

i said on mine i wonder if my opponent saw the glitch as well but they were potting easy so i didnt think so, do you think your opponent was seeing it as well?

just a very weird one, although i think @Sunidhifan has sussed it tbh, still proper annoying though
    edited May 12

at the start i thought maybe it was part of the pc version and maybe you could make your cue look like an object or something

then when it settled in bottom corner was just proper strange though, very frustrating, but weird that it attached to his cue again though!!??

did you see the glitch i posted the other day @COOLOCKER about the disappearing pockets? i posted a few pics, super weird like yours, but i potted mine into the literally blind pocket *cough cough* B) :D :D :D

i know these glitches can happen, and are rare, but when people pay money to play, or put a lot of time into an account, this not only ruins the fun of a match but kinda not cool leaving people hanging like that

i said on mine i wonder if my opponent saw the glitch as well but they were potting easy so i didnt think so, do you think your opponent was seeing it as well?

just a very weird one, although i think @Sunidhifan has sussed it tbh, still proper annoying though

Yep, i saw your post Nine, lol. This was a long time ago now, Jan 31st 2016, but i havent seen it since. I reckon my opponent was seeing it also, as his play was way out of whack.
    if players use an ad blocking addon maybe pr

Yep, i saw your post Nine, lol. This was a long time ago now, Jan 31st 2016, but i havent seen it since. I reckon my opponent was seeing it also, as his play was way out of whack.

do you use any ad blocker add-on? for example ad blocker plus ?

but isnt that supposed to "block" ads lol

not make more of them all over the pool table ;)

but isnt that supposed to "block" ads lol

not make more of them all over the pool table ;)

:joy: :joy: :joy:
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 365 Pool Pro

@odlllbo is this the right line to take mate

@Nineballina Ge lol yes I agree with all of that of course :D. In fact I think this is a perfect spot for a triple range merge! Some people think triple range merging doesn't exist which is why it's so important, tough to beat a strat that u think isn't real :p.

And for the hand in question we def gotta min raise when opponent leads river. And when they repop it just keep minraising til all the money is in! This ofc is only if there are 2 diamonds on flop as we block the flushdraw. It's all about blockers! :D
    edited May 12
    Just for clarity folks, yes, i do use adblock plus.

n8jy3mzzmkpu.jpg

i was talking poker theory/strategy

that was the simple version

Thanks for the reply "Nineballina Ge