Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Reporting Suspicious Activity

1235»

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,086 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 14
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    I will say this.....it took a really long time and lots of reports...but one word:

Rafeef..... ;)
    Walid, Rafeef ok but the others?Yesterday my opponent 751 lvl,100% cheater,no ban!Cheaters/hackers playing all tiers,legit players mostly low-middle stakes.Year 2014-2015 ,the old version,Jakarta,my opponents Pacman1215,Speako13 now?Sometime Berlin Platz-Aleyna ,some the old version players and some good Mobile version players on Mumbai-Berlin.Where are the good opponents?The new version very poor,the old version Shangai-Mumbai almost not playible.Should i return to the old version? Moskow-Las Vegas with 5.5B coins?I am 51% good player.Some times very very good and bad.This is unfair !Mini clip lose legit players.Now,this is not pool 8 !The another way,some time connect,play 2-3 game and back real life.No fun more for legit players.2013-2018 Mini Clip support almost zero.Mini Clip programmers don't solved program bugs,glitch etc.Just create high tiers and Premium cues for more many.Great business model for Mini Clip and thiefs/cheters.We are write but Mini Clip does not care.Wasted times...

Please do not take my post wrong.... ;) I am not a fan of most things MiniClip; from their support regarding any and all issues, to corporate priorities and directives, restrictions on staff especially as it pertains to communication with the community, consistency in all things, lack of keeping forum members informed about anything, especially regarding changes and updates and efforts made to stop and control nefarious activities by various accounts...... ;)

When I first found the official MiniClip forum in 2011, Mulvad and his team who created the pool game, and the development teams for almost all their games were available, communicative and responsive to community concerns regarding their respective games.....All staff interacted with the community on an almost daily basis....

Then 8 Ball Pool Multiplayer started to take off in popularity and number of players...Corporate office (rightly so as a business of course, but not pleasant for us players) saw it as the cash cow it has become and focused their efforts on that aspect.... .... Guys in offices with MBA's are famous for promoting and instituting such things.... ;)
    Input from the tiny, tiny percentage of players overall who were/are on the forum(s) became insignificant and irrelevant in the business model adopted, and corporate put out the directive to all employees that devs and support personal were no longer allowed to communicate on the forum...everything had to go through the designated "Community Support" admin assigned at any given moment...for a while, some were pretty good...the involvement of admins and mods has steadily decreased over the years....so we all feel abandoned and ignored...and that our voices are meaningless....at least I do, and I am 99% sure that there are a number of the members here who feel the same way.... :*

IMO, 2 to 3 IT types assigned exclusively to the task of catching and detecting nefarious types would be sufficient to stop the rampant activity....monitoring the leader boards, social sites such as FB and YouTube on a daily basis would provide more than enough information needed to take a thorough look at hundreds if not thousands of accounts strictly for that purpose....I have suggested as much many, many times but have never received any kind of response at all nor seen any indication that such was done...... I have seen hundreds and hundreds of threads and posts on the subject made and subsequently deleted over the years....have also seen many members make posts claiming how many times they have submitted such reports...with some having good results and others having none....again, consistency lacks here.... ;)

My point was...and is....at least there was some tangible action taken ..... even though it took forever and was long past due, at least it was done..... ;)

Maybe...in the next two years, we might see one or two more known and famous nefarious types disappear....there is always hope... :*

I personally have never played above Vegas since 2013, and most of my games these days are in Sydney....very low tier, but I get a really good variety of players and levels, it is more fun for me to play Indirect in, especially against newer players, which evens the playing field in a way....lol...
    I have only been hacked in there once this year...so it is more fun for me...after all, it is the game itself that I have loved since day one...have never had any interest whatsoever in the shiny golden pieces of fecal matter, cash, cues with powers or any other fluff associated with the money-making side of the game.... :|

So for me, it comes down to the fact that I enjoy playing a great game for the sake of playing the game....I think that if anyone wants to just enjoy playing the game, it is easy and not a lot of problems other than occasional glitches, which are to be expected in a game with so many people playing it....connection issues, different/incompatible platforms and systems problems are bound to occur in anything to do with communications and computers....always have, always will.....
    But focusing on all the money-making gimmicks involved with the game will inevitably lead to disappointments and unresolved (or excessively late responses/assistance) problems/issues.....personal choice as to which any individual decides to focus on I suppose...

Playing for fun is more fun IMO .... ;) :D :)

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 356 Pool Pro
    @Sunidhifan some good points

i am interested in how miniclip began/developed

did you see the post i made on the thread with the new guy that got his account hacked?

i wondered and asked about a lot of the stuff you have covered here, would be interested to know your thoughts on it, if you get time to read it, as i know you've been here from basically the start

i just became interested in miniclips rise and maybe that they got too big too quickly, lost touch with customers needs, didnt appreciate how big a deal it is to people when their accounts get stolen, or dont have the infrastructure to deal with it, i'd like to hear your thoughts on it :)
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,086 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 15
    @Sunidhifan some good points

i am interested in how miniclip began/developed

did you see the post i made on the thread with the new guy that got his account hacked?

i wondered and asked about a lot of the stuff you have covered here, would be interested to know your thoughts on it, if you get time to read it, as i know you've been here from basically the start

i just became interested in miniclips rise and maybe that they got too big too quickly, lost touch with customers needs, didnt appreciate how big a deal it is to people when their accounts get stolen, or dont have the infrastructure to deal with it, i'd like to hear your thoughts on it :)

Thanks... ;)

To my knowledge, MiniClip SA was founded in 2001 and had an established official members forum which covered all things Miniclip related very shortly after. When I found it in 2011, it had thousands of members and was very active and well maintained so I have not actually been involved from the very start... @Zanna136 was a member long before me and was also a "MiniClip Master" long before I was... ;) .....we are the only two I know of still around and active... ;) ....
    The 8 Ball Pool section was but a very small portion of the overall site and was where I entrenched myself primarily, although I did make posts and contributions in other sections on many occasions. In those years, MiniClip, deservedly so, took great pride in and promoted themselves as a 'kid friendly' site with kid friendly games and concerns... they received a number of awards from official government and social awareness and educational groups in the UK recognizing them as such..... :)

That forum was hacked by a disgruntled member and had to be closed down in late 2012..... :s

In early-mid 2012, I was given the honorary designation title/status as a "MiniClip Master" of which there were approximately 12 to 20 such members I believe......It was a designation given to members in recognition of their valuable contributions and willingness to provide helpful assistance to other members and I was proud of receiving the honor... :)

I did see your post in that thread, I had also posted there but in my ignorance, had not recognized the fact that the individual had been hacked yet.....Others assisted him on his issues.

As stated in my above post, my thoughts on what changed MiniClips view and treatment of the forum community are based purely on greed and milking the cash cow that Pool has become for them.....
    Since the game is so big and popular, and there are so few active community members (I am including their FB site which has thousands of members from what I hear) representing such a tiny percentage of the total number of players (in the multi-millions now), customer service and community relations have fallen by the wayside as a waste of time/effort/dedication of resources and no longer needs to be addressed in the current business model they use.....
    Bean counters have never been known for having concern for such issues....and bean counters run the show now.....at least that is my personal opinion ;)

But I may be wrong in my assessment....I have been wrong before many times in my 60 years of life here on the big blue ball-o-fun we live on.... :D

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • Dark~_~EyesDark~_~Eyes Posts: 3 New Member
    How do I sign out from all devices?
    I think someone is in my account and stole around 220M coins and I've mailed you guys several times but got no reply from you guys. Please help me out ?
  • 91harley91harley Posts: 2 New Member
    There are plenty of cheat codes being developed for this game. I just lost 3 games straight when I pocket my last ball and have a perfect shot on the 8 ball It states ..please wait,connection is slow. Then the last ball I pocketed comes back onto the table and my opponent gets ball in hand! ! ! ! ! I have lost over 8,000 coins tonight. I hope someone from the company reads this. I am ready to tell everyone on Facebook to STAY AWAY from this cheating game and delete it from all my devises. I am running 190mbps business internet so I know 100% it is not my connection.
  • 91harley91harley Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, just lost my 4th game in a row due to CHEATS. I WONT SPEND A DIME ON COINS OR CUES AS LONG AS THEY ALLOW CHEATING! ! ! ! !
1235»