Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How to use the Help section – please read before posting

1789101113»

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,619 Pool Forum Veteran
    davylfc66 wrote: »
    Thanks Nanny , will clear up what games i have to finish then try clearing the cache .

You could always play 9ball on another browser davy, I have FF, IE and Vivaldi as alternatives when Chrome plays up
  • davylfc66davylfc66 Posts: 227 Pool Pro
    That probably my best option cause it could take me some time to finish of some of the games . Not that i am in a big hurry to lose my coins at 9 ball.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,682 Pool Champion
    edited May 15
    As far as i know, clearing your cache is only for getting rid of junk files. It has no affect on any games played, or posts made on forums etc. I have been using the clear the cache function for many years on games without any troubles at all. Never lost a rank or been booted back to zero so to speak, ever. Use it, because it works in many circumstances.

Clearing the cache is always a good option in my opinion , as i have seen it solve many problems with games over the years. But there is also a programme/app called Ccleaner that does a great job of doing this for you, and its more methodical, and free. But its not only for gaming, as it helps your browsing as well. You just need to run it every so often to keep on top of things.

I run this programme at the end of every days use of the net, and it only takes about 2 minutes at most. When i run it every day, i see about 500 to 800Gb of junk that needs to be cleaned. And thats just one day of browsing, lol. Heres the link if you think you want to use it:

https://www.ccleaner.com/

I stand over this as a user, but you can google it to see if its worth it yourself before trying it.

• davylfc66davylfc66 Posts: 227 Pool Pro
    Decided to stick with chrome , cleared everything back to the beginning of time , and the games were affected , i hope 9 ball is worth it . Have the Ccleaner installed but only used it a couple off times it wiped out the game scores and levels as well , obviously i dont know what the he ll i am doing . Yes 9 ball is on it now . Thanks for the help .
    davylfc66 wrote: »
    Decided to stick with chrome , cleared everything back to the beginning of time , and the games were affected , i hope 9 ball is worth it . Have the Ccleaner installed but only used it a couple off times it wiped out the game scores and levels as well , obviously i dont know what the he ll i am doing . Yes 9 ball is on it now . Thanks for the help .

Thats weird Davy, because it shouldnt have done that. Not sure if you tinkered with the settings on Ccleaner, so i made a video of me using it so that you can see it doesnt wipe my scores or levels. You can also see my Ccleaner settings at the start of the video to compare to your settings.

• *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 3,773 Pool Champion
    edited May 18
    @COOLOCKER I think @davylfc66 was talking about the other games on MC.

Thanks Cheets. I honestly cant say if it will affect other games that Davy is playing. But as said above, it has never wiped scores on any games i have ever played online.
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 3,773 Pool Champion
    COOLOCKER wrote: »

Thanks Cheets. I honestly cant say if it will affect other games that Davy is playing. But as said above, it has never wiped scores on any games i have ever played online.

I can say this too, didn't wiped my score either in pool. But I do not know about the other games.
1789101113»