Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Came back after a 3 year hiatus because of all the cheaters.

imluvd1imluvd1 Posts: 2 New Member
So, I created a new account. Seems to me Miniclip is the cheater. Can't get an opponent that isn't way above my level. Can't get a good leave but my opponents always do. Cue's with powers? BS.

Comments

• -Alyna-Alyna 80.7%Posts: 788 Pool Expert
    edited April 17
    Do you play the old PC version? We can play a race to 10
  • The Titan!!The Titan!! Posts: 1,994 Pool Champion
    I like your mindset. your username too
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 493 Pool Pro
    edited April 18
    If you've had an account in the past, but have a new one now. Your level is understated and being matched with higher level players is justified even though it's not intentional. Your leaves are all you.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,086 Pool Forum VIP
    edited April 18
    I was hacked in Sydney for the first time in a very, very long time tonight.....and it looks like something new, at least I have never seen it..... :s

On my turn to pot the 8 ball, the screen flashed real quick.... I could aim and pull back on my power....but could not shoot....it would just sit there no matter what I did......he put up "hehe" a couple times, so I know it was a hack of some kind.....I just said "Good luck" and refreshed....sigh....in Sydney for crying out loud.....lol.....oh well....I suppose even hackers have to learn their trade somewhere.... :*

X5lbOom.gif
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 365 Pool Pro
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    I was hacked in Sydney for the first time in a very, very long time tonight.....and it looks like something new, at least I have never seen it..... :s

On my turn to pot the 8 ball, the screen flashed real quick.... I could aim and pull back on my power....but could not shoot....it would just sit there no matter what I did......he put up "hehe" a couple times, so I know it was a hack of some kind.....I just said "Good luck" and refreshed....sigh....in Sydney for crying out loud.....lol.....oh well....I suppose even hackers have to learn their trade somewhere.... :*

X5lbOom.gif

Every once in a while I'll come across a hack on mobile where the opponent runs out of time (or scratches maybe, can't remember) then after u shoot it gives the ball back the opponent with bih for them. They inevitably say something like "hehe" of course. I guess if ur a cheater there's a good chance you'll be a trash talkers as well.

What I wonder about these folks who cheat u then laugh at u about it is when they get cheated themselves do they laugh it off? I hope so but think probably not.

This cheat is very rare tho in my experience, so if op thinks them getting hooked more than their opponents is due to cheating, I think they just need to clean their mirror.
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 115 Pool Pro
    Interesting stories to take note of. Thanks for the heads up.
    It's rare but this happened to me the other day. After I made a successful shot on my android mobile, my phone's screen froze with the message "Connection slow..." After a couple of seconds. The screen reverted back to before I made my shot with message I ran out of time and now it was my opponent has ball in hand! I have my chat disabled so I don't know if I got a "Hehe" or not. Was this a hack or is this something that just happens?!?
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,086 Pool Forum VIP
    edited April 25
    d4ve_tv wrote: »
    Interesting stories to take note of. Thanks for the heads up.
    It's rare but this happened to me the other day. After I made a successful shot on my android mobile, my phone's screen froze with the message "Connection slow..." After a couple of seconds. The screen reverted back to before I made my shot with message I ran out of time and now it was my opponent has ball in hand! I have my chat disabled so I don't know if I got a "Hehe" or not. Was this a hack or is this something that just happens?!?

Unfortunately....it could be either one....hard to tell the difference....

But it started as a glitch a very long time ago...and as explained to me by the last developer I trusted, Mulvad (the original development team leader)...it usually happens when the two players have far different connection speeds or ISP quality and/or individual systems....but as I said, it can also be a hack...they designed one to emulate that issue .... :s ..clever little twits they are.... :*

Usually, you might be able to tell the difference by when in the game it occurs....in the middle, most likely the glitch....on your turn for the 8 ball...a hacker... ;) ....also, if you want to be sure, if you can get them to play again, and it happens again....well....you know what that would mean.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • IhaveNoBrainIhaveNoBrain Posts: 8 Pool Player
    I had the weirdest thing happen ever the other day, couldn't have been a hack because the guy lost so I think it was just a glitch

Playing a 9 ball tourney I scratch on the 6 ball, he picks it up and is moving it around, then it just insta says it's my shot!! Now the 6 has dissapeard so you could think he scratched and I didn't see it because of lag, connection problems etc, but that couldn't have been it because I couldn't move the white! So you can imagine how weird that was, the 6 just disappearing and it being my shot, but it gets weirder, I pot the 7 and leave it right behind the black (I know me playing a good position shot is weird enough in itself, must be a glitch lol) so I'm patting myself on the back for a great positional shot, and the white jumps to the top cushion at the other end of the table Lol!! Now I'm freaking out, so I pot the black and no drama, then I pot the 9 ball and it says I failed to hit the lowest ball first hahaha!! So the 9 ball comes out the pocket and as I can see the guy moving the white around to line up the shot the game just ends and it says I've won and takes me to the next match!

Weirdest thing I've ever experienced with the game, and imagine I'm ever likely to, don't know if anyone else has had anything like that happen to them or if it's a known glitch?
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 115 Pool Pro
    Sounds like your device is Possessed! You need an exocism!!! :smiley:
  • imluvd1imluvd1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Corby wrote: »
    If you've had an account in the past, but have a new one now. Your level is understated and being matched with higher level players is justified even though it's not intentional. Your leaves are all you.

Wow. you're such a nice guy. I'd like you to come to my house and meet my sister.
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 189 Pool Pro
    imluvd1 wrote: »

Wow. you're such a nice guy. I'd like you to come to my house and meet my sister.

Now that was funny. 🤣
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 493 Pool Pro

Ok, then I'll change my opinion and agree, MC has chosen you and only you to punish. They match you up with any cheater on line when possible and the cueball is always programmed to hide behind your opponents ball.
    Feel better?
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 369 Pool Pro
    edited May 19

Ok, then I'll change my opinion and agree, MC has chosen you and only you to punish. They match you up with any cheater on line when possible and the cueball is always programmed to hide behind your opponents ball.
    Feel better?

im one of the lucky guys then...... my cb must be coded to have inch perfect position on every shot, no matter how i hit the cb.....it almost getting boring! lol
    and i want you too to meet my sister, you seem to be a half decent guy lol.gif

k44jol20p0ih.png
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,050 Pool Champion
    So, I created a new account. Seems to me Miniclip is the cheater. Can't get an opponent that isn't way above my level. Can't get a good leave but my opponents always do. Cue's with powers? BS.
    If you created a new account, surely everyone is automatically above your level ! ? :o