Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Cue Chart sorted by FAST total

d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 115 Pool Pro
FYI updated as of May 11, 2018
4saaexzynd5j.jpeg

Comments

• Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 356 Pool Pro
    there hasnt been one of these for a while thats so thorough as well, so nice one

especially for high level cues anyway

i mean i'm pretty new to the game so might be wrong but saw a thread from a while ago that someone posted that was asking a cue related question and the person that tried to help's point of reference was a chart from 2015 if memory serves so good to have an updated version
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,086 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 11
    there hasnt been one of these for a while thats so thorough as well, so nice one

especially for high level cues anyway

i mean i'm pretty new to the game so might be wrong but saw a thread from a while ago that someone posted that was asking a cue related question and the person that tried to help's point of reference was a chart from 2015 if memory serves so good to have an updated version

Lol....you are correct:

https://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/comment/257818

The someone who posted the question is this threads author.... ;)

And the someone who responded was me..... :D

@d4ve_tv - As @Nineballina Ge said....great job on the project you said you would like to try....... ;) :)

Nice new reference to have....Bravo Zulu Indeed!

b0252.gif

Deserves to be pinned if you ask me... ;) @George Sweeper @AlisaNTonik @Dalton Moderator

X5lbOom.gif

• d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 115 Pool Pro
    Thanks @Nineballina Ge @Sunidhifan :smiley:

The table is definitely not comprehensive. I decided to start at FAST total 18 instead of the Beginner cue. I figure people on this forum would not be as interested in the stats on lower cues or am I being a cue-snob?!? LOL

I also thought about dividing up the FAST stats into individual columns so that I can sort the cues by Force, Aim, Spin or Time. Or would that be too geeky?!? So say I wanted to see a ranking of all the cues ordered by increasing Force, I can do that. Nawwww that'd be too much :smile: Oh these cues are all Level 1 by the way. The stats all change when you upgrade. In fact, I just learned that a cue's Recharge can actually LOWER after upgrading. I noticed that the Black Hole cue when you first get it at Level 1 is 420K to recharge, but after getting 2 pieces to upgrade to Level 2 the recharge FELL to 362.5K! Curious why such an odd figure 362.5?!?

I realized I cut off a few cues and I'm going to try to include the Leg cues. Let me try to see how much of a screen grab I can get and repost...
    Updated May 12, 2018. Level 1 only
    79zryke6ucdy.jpg
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 855 Pool Expert
    d4ve_tv wrote: »
    Updated May 12, 2018. Level 1 only
    79zryke6ucdy.jpg

Is pro gold cue really that good? wow, nice.
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 189 Pool Pro
    Now that's a list! - Nice work Dave.
    Curious... are the FAST numbers on the Pro Gold, Demon and Conqueror cues correct?
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 811 Pool Expert
    Sorry, what is FAST and total?
  • ΣXτIПζτΣXτIПζτ Posts: 98 Pool Player

Force
    Aim
    Spin
    Time

Total is all those numbers added up
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 811 Pool Expert

Force
    Aim
    Spin
    Time

Thanks
    @JJoe I wouldn't know about the Pro Gold cue because I've only used it in my dreams as I fantasize that I have @Nineballina Ge 's cue collection and got to play with the Pro Gold! LOL You'll have to get Nineballina to field your question :smile:
    Curious... are the FAST numbers on the Pro Gold, Demon and Conqueror cues correct?

Thank you @RollYour Rock .
    As far as the info that I have seen goes, the FAST are as accurate as I know. If you know for sure they are off, please let me so I can correct them. Yes the Pro Gold, Demon and Conqueror cues are correct as far as I know. All 3 are fanbulastic cues! Wish I had them :-(

Force
    Aim
    Spin
    Time

Thumbs up! :smiley:

Thank you @RollYour Rock .
    As far as the info that I have seen goes, the FAST are as accurate as I know. If you know for sure they are off, please let me so I can correct them. Yes the Pro Gold, Demon and Conqueror cues are correct as far as I know. All 3 are fanbulastic cues! Wish I had them :-(

Dave, maybe I should have inquired as to how you calculate the "FAST" number?
    @RollYour Rock

The "Total" is just the value of the different FAST components added together.
    For example, the FAST for the Czar cue is 27 and is derived this way:

F orce= 6
    A im= 8
    S pin= 6
    T ime= 7

6+8+6+7 = 27

@RollYour Rock

The "Total" is just the value of the different FAST components added together.
    For example, the FAST for the Czar cue is 27 and is derived this way:

F orce= 6
    A im= 8
    S pin= 6
    T ime= 7

6+8+6+7 = 27

Geez... I get it now. I am such a stupid. :/
    @RollYour Rock No worries. We've all had those brain farts from time to time. I know I have my share of them.

FAST totals are just used for quick reference as two cues with the same FAST value are not necessarily equal or perhaps not even being close to equal depending on how you value each component of FAST. One cue might have a high Spin and low Time which you may deem more important in a cue than someone who would rather a cue with lower Spin and more Time, but both cues could have the same FAST total.

I have not seen a cue with a FAST total of 40 right off the bat for purchase. However, I have seen a few cues that are 40 after being maximally upgraded like in @Nineballina Ge 's cue collection! I try not to look at his cue collection because it causes me physical pain :smiley:
  • *Claude**Claude* Posts: 5 New Member
    Champion cue FAST 6777 price 110 pool cash
    5th Birthday premium cue FAST 8787 price 300 pool cash
    Light cue FAST 3433 price 25 pool cash
    Pro Olympic cue FAST 8787 price 300 pool cash
    I find these cues missing, these were on sale a long time ago perhaps in 2016
    *Claude* wrote: »
    Champion cue FAST 6777 price 110 pool cash
    5th Birthday premium cue FAST 8787 price 300 pool cash
    Light cue FAST 3433 price 25 pool cash
    Pro Olympic cue FAST 8787 price 300 pool cash
    I find these cues missing, these were on sale a long time ago perhaps in 2016

What are the recharge cost on the cues above @Claude ?

Thanks Claude. I already mentioned my table is not complete and I left off "weaker" cues that have a FAST total of under 18.
  • *Claude**Claude* Posts: 5 New Member
    They were open for buying a long time ago. Dunno what their recharges were. Well, the cues really aren't much decisive when it comes to the ability of an individual to control any of those 'weaker' cues. I, at times come across players who would run the table using classic, standard, beginner, cow, etc cues, and at times the players having glorious and magnificent "Legendary cues" would just hand over the turn because their cues are way too over powered for them to control.
    There is a ginormous amount of players that will make their opponents bite the dust merely with the aid of their "Weaker cues". These "Stronger" cues are just a bait for preying the 13 y/o who would find these colorful cues "Attractive" and would buy them for real money. The best cues of the game should not be discouraged because they lack enough attributes to make the balls make as much noise as those Lovely Legendary cues do. Oh and we all know "An empty vessel makes much noise" So if we see the other side of the picture these legendary cues are weaker, because they are more difficult to control. My point, tho offtopic, is valid. Not that I don't appreciate your good work on organizing the list of cues with their price and recharge info at a place. I just found it insulting to call a whole lot of cues "weaker" because they lack enough "fluff". Keep the good work up. The list, tho incomplete, is very informative and the willing will, no doubt, find it of real help. Suppose a new player wants to buy a new cue and he somehow reads this spread sheet. He will find it analogous to a menu in a restaurant where the dishes are organized, he will find the list of cues in an organized pattern and thereby will choose the cue which matches his interest and will of course leave a "Thank You!" message. But if some relatively poorer player sees the list, he will think that there is nothing for me here. He may think that those "weaker" cues are of no use, is the reason they have been shunned. In a nutshell, please do make a list for weaker cues. That list is as indispensable as that of stronger fluffy cues.
    *Claude* wrote: »
    They were open for buying a long time ago. Dunno what their recharges were. Well, the cues really aren't much decisive when it comes to the ability of an individual to control any of those 'weaker' cues. I, at times come across players who would run the table using classic, standard, beginner, cow, etc cues, and at times the players having glorious and magnificent "Legendary cues" would just hand over the turn because their cues are way too over powered for them to control.
    There is a ginormous amount of players that will make their opponents bite the dust merely with the aid of their "Weaker cues". These "Stronger" cues are just a bait for preying the 13 y/o who would find these colorful cues "Attractive" and would buy them for real money. The best cues of the game should not be discouraged because they lack enough attributes to make the balls make as much noise as those Lovely Legendary cues do. Oh and we all know "An empty vessel makes much noise" So if we see the other side of the picture these legendary cues are weaker, because they are more difficult to control. My point, tho offtopic, is valid. Not that I don't appreciate your good work on organizing the list of cues with their price and recharge info at a place. I just found it insulting to call a whole lot of cues "weaker" because they lack enough "fluff". Keep the good work up. The list, tho incomplete, is very informative and the willing will, no doubt, find it of real help. Suppose a new player wants to buy a new cue and he somehow reads this spread sheet. He will find it analogous to a menu in a restaurant where the dishes are organized, he will find the list of cues in an organized pattern and thereby will choose the cue which matches his interest and will of course leave a "Thank You!" message. But if some relatively poorer player sees the list, he will think that there is nothing for me here. He may think that those "weaker" cues are of no use, is the reason they have been shunned. In a nutshell, please do make a list for weaker cues. That list is as indispensable as that of stronger fluffy cues.

Hello Claude.
    You made all good points and I agree with you... mostly. I meant no disrespect to the "weaker" cues. I only label them as "weaker" because as with everything in life, I have to compare them to something as a reference. As you mentioned, these cues are only "weaker" in reference to their assigned FAST stats by Miniclip. As you pointed out, a very good player with a weaker cue can defeat a bad player with a stronger cue. But others can also make the point that the "stronger" cues with higher FAST stats DO provide *advantages* that weaker cues do not. For example, a cue with a Force of 10 would be able to break a cluster such as on the break much better than a cue with a Force stat of 2. And a cue with a SPIN value of 9 can do draw english much better than a cue with a SPIN of 2. A cue with an AIM number of 10 would have a much longer aiming line than a cue with one that was only 2 thus giving the player with the longer line a more accurate aiming reference. That's just the facts of the game and can not be disputed. It's the way Miniclip programmed the game. Again having said that, a smart and better player can still use a Beginner cue to defeat a player with a Legendary cue.

I have taken what you said to heart and updated my spreadsheet with more "weaker" cues. I took the information from PC old version.