Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Reporting Suspicious Activity

1235»

Comments

• Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 596 Pool Expert
    @Sunidhifan some good points

i am interested in how miniclip began/developed

did you see the post i made on the thread with the new guy that got his account hacked?

i wondered and asked about a lot of the stuff you have covered here, would be interested to know your thoughts on it, if you get time to read it, as i know you've been here from basically the start

i just became interested in miniclips rise and maybe that they got too big too quickly, lost touch with customers needs, didnt appreciate how big a deal it is to people when their accounts get stolen, or dont have the infrastructure to deal with it, i'd like to hear your thoughts on it :)
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 15
    @Sunidhifan some good points

i am interested in how miniclip began/developed

did you see the post i made on the thread with the new guy that got his account hacked?

i wondered and asked about a lot of the stuff you have covered here, would be interested to know your thoughts on it, if you get time to read it, as i know you've been here from basically the start

i just became interested in miniclips rise and maybe that they got too big too quickly, lost touch with customers needs, didnt appreciate how big a deal it is to people when their accounts get stolen, or dont have the infrastructure to deal with it, i'd like to hear your thoughts on it :)

Thanks... ;)

To my knowledge, MiniClip SA was founded in 2001 and had an established official members forum which covered all things Miniclip related very shortly after. When I found it in 2011, it had thousands of members and was very active and well maintained so I have not actually been involved from the very start... @Zanna136 was a member long before me and was also a "MiniClip Master" long before I was... ;) .....we are the only two I know of still around and active... ;) ....
    The 8 Ball Pool section was but a very small portion of the overall site and was where I entrenched myself primarily, although I did make posts and contributions in other sections on many occasions. In those years, MiniClip, deservedly so, took great pride in and promoted themselves as a 'kid friendly' site with kid friendly games and concerns... they received a number of awards from official government and social awareness and educational groups in the UK recognizing them as such..... :)

That forum was hacked by a disgruntled member and had to be closed down in late 2012..... :s

In early-mid 2012, I was given the honorary designation title/status as a "MiniClip Master" of which there were approximately 12 to 20 such members I believe......It was a designation given to members in recognition of their valuable contributions and willingness to provide helpful assistance to other members and I was proud of receiving the honor... :)

I did see your post in that thread, I had also posted there but in my ignorance, had not recognized the fact that the individual had been hacked yet.....Others assisted him on his issues.

As stated in my above post, my thoughts on what changed MiniClips view and treatment of the forum community are based purely on greed and milking the cash cow that Pool has become for them.....
    Since the game is so big and popular, and there are so few active community members (I am including their FB site which has thousands of members from what I hear) representing such a tiny percentage of the total number of players (in the multi-millions now), customer service and community relations have fallen by the wayside as a waste of time/effort/dedication of resources and no longer needs to be addressed in the current business model they use.....
    Bean counters have never been known for having concern for such issues....and bean counters run the show now.....at least that is my personal opinion ;)

But I may be wrong in my assessment....I have been wrong before many times in my 60 years of life here on the big blue ball-o-fun we live on.... :D

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • Dark~_~EyesDark~_~Eyes Posts: 3 New Member
    How do I sign out from all devices?
    I think someone is in my account and stole around 220M coins and I've mailed you guys several times but got no reply from you guys. Please help me out ?
  • 91harley91harley Posts: 2 New Member
    There are plenty of cheat codes being developed for this game. I just lost 3 games straight when I pocket my last ball and have a perfect shot on the 8 ball It states ..please wait,connection is slow. Then the last ball I pocketed comes back onto the table and my opponent gets ball in hand! ! ! ! ! I have lost over 8,000 coins tonight. I hope someone from the company reads this. I am ready to tell everyone on Facebook to STAY AWAY from this cheating game and delete it from all my devises. I am running 190mbps business internet so I know 100% it is not my connection.
  • 91harley91harley Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok, just lost my 4th game in a row due to CHEATS. I WONT SPEND A DIME ON COINS OR CUES AS LONG AS THEY ALLOW CHEATING! ! ! ! !
1235»