Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

New mobile platform Tournament

1616264666788

Comments

  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    edited May 22
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    @JJoe I do think I had advantage playing on moble. If we would have played pc it would have been you 7 an me maybe 1. :smiley:

    again thank you for the match. Hope we play again soon. :smile:

    Aha thanks, would you ever play on PC or?

    The amount of errors I made in that match just after I made a decent shot were so weird :D

    @JJoe You know that after a great shot that seems to always happen. :smiley:

    As to play on pc!? Lol (it is only far to play) it will have to be in the evening after 8 pm. Maybe tomorrow. Give me a chance to figure out mouse control. Lol

    Ps you will have to record match and post. I am not sure how on pc. Did I mention I play on phone!!! Lol
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 944 Pool Expert
    Wilbur wrote: »
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    @JJoe I do think I had advantage playing on moble. If we would have played pc it would have been you 7 an me maybe 1. :smiley:

    again thank you for the match. Hope we play again soon. :smile:

    Aha thanks, would you ever play on PC or?

    The amount of errors I made in that match just after I made a decent shot were so weird :D

    @JJoe You know that after a great shot that seems to always happen. :smiley:

    As to play on pc!? Lol (it is only far to play) it will have to be in the evening after 8 pm. Maybe tomorrow. Give me a chance to figure out mouse control. Lol

    Ps you will have to record match and post. I am not sure how on pc. Did I mention I play on phone!!! Lol

    No worries if PC is completely foriegn to you, could just wait til I'm back on mobile haah.

    But if you fancy PC why not lol
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    @JJoe I do think I had advantage playing on moble. If we would have played pc it would have been you 7 an me maybe 1. :smiley:

    again thank you for the match. Hope we play again soon. :smile:

    Aha thanks, would you ever play on PC or?

    The amount of errors I made in that match just after I made a decent shot were so weird :D

    @JJoe You know that after a great shot that seems to always happen. :smiley:

    As to play on pc!? Lol (it is only far to play) it will have to be in the evening after 8 pm. Maybe tomorrow. Give me a chance to figure out mouse control. Lol

    Ps you will have to record match and post. I am not sure how on pc. Did I mention I play on phone!!! Lol

    No worries if PC is completely foriegn to you, could just wait til I'm back on mobile haah.

    But if you fancy PC why not lol

    We can give it a shot my friend. :smiley:

    I just need a few games to night to learn controls. I have played it a time or 2 a long time ago but I still need to remember the controls. The thing I remember most is i can't flip screen lol
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 944 Pool Expert
    Wilbur wrote: »
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    @JJoe I do think I had advantage playing on moble. If we would have played pc it would have been you 7 an me maybe 1. :smiley:

    again thank you for the match. Hope we play again soon. :smile:

    Aha thanks, would you ever play on PC or?

    The amount of errors I made in that match just after I made a decent shot were so weird :D

    @JJoe You know that after a great shot that seems to always happen. :smiley:

    As to play on pc!? Lol (it is only far to play) it will have to be in the evening after 8 pm. Maybe tomorrow. Give me a chance to figure out mouse control. Lol

    Ps you will have to record match and post. I am not sure how on pc. Did I mention I play on phone!!! Lol

    No worries if PC is completely foriegn to you, could just wait til I'm back on mobile haah.

    But if you fancy PC why not lol

    We can give it a shot my friend. :smiley:

    I just need a few games to night to learn controls. I have played it a time or 2 a long time ago but I still need to remember the controls. The thing I remember most is i can't flip screen lol

    Aha cool, i'm free whenever you are tonight, 8pm onwards for me
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro
    edited May 22
    When you're playing well the cannons and little nudges seem to fall "how they should", what's the saying, the harder you practice, the luckier you get, i dunno why but it seems to be true, if i'm playing terribly, which is usually lol, then 100% the cannon will put the white on the 5% of the table where i cant see the next ball, until i started playing this in the last few months, never thought about the results orientated part of cannons, shots being + or - ev, and, definitely where i struggle, being results orientated, abut a cannon for instance, i suppose in the real world you knock the balls around on a table then have a few beers, i am liking the theoretical side of it though, might improve my live game

    @Nineballina - Please forgive my ignorance, but how do you define the word "cannon"? 🤔

  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    @JJoe , I am looking at 9 pm to give my attempt at pc version again. :smiley: I am hoping that my experience with mobile helps me lol


  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    When you're playing well the cannons and little nudges seem to fall "how they should", what's the saying, the harder you practice, the luckier you get, i dunno why but it seems to be true, if i'm playing terribly, which is usually lol, then 100% the cannon will put the white on the 5% of the table where i cant see the next ball, until i started playing this in the last few months, never thought about the results orientated part of cannons, shots being + or - ev, and, definitely where i struggle, being results orientated, abut a cannon for instance, i suppose in the real world you knock the balls around on a table then have a few beers, i am liking the theoretical side of it though, might improve my live game

    @Nineballina - Please forgive my ignorance, but how do you define the word "cannon"? 🤔

    @RollYour Rock is that you in picture? :smiley:
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    @jjoe not sure if my side is working. Doesn't show any friends on line. I sent challenge to you a few times. Maybe try sending me a challenge.

    I did notice lag on my 10 year old computer :smiley:
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    @JJoe guess we can try again tomorrow same time?
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro
    Wilbur wrote: »
    When you're playing well the cannons and little nudges seem to fall "how they should", what's the saying, the harder you practice, the luckier you get, i dunno why but it seems to be true, if i'm playing terribly, which is usually lol, then 100% the cannon will put the white on the 5% of the table where i cant see the next ball, until i started playing this in the last few months, never thought about the results orientated part of cannons, shots being + or - ev, and, definitely where i struggle, being results orientated, abut a cannon for instance, i suppose in the real world you knock the balls around on a table then have a few beers, i am liking the theoretical side of it though, might improve my live game

    @Nineballina - Please forgive my ignorance, but how do you define the word "cannon"? 🤔

    @RollYour Rock is that you in picture? :smiley:

    No, but it's a darn close facsimile. 😂
    Shorter beard and longer hair, but probably about the same age. 😉
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 576 Pool Expert
    edited May 23
    When you're playing well the cannons and little nudges seem to fall "how they should", what's the saying, the harder you practice, the luckier you get, i dunno why but it seems to be true, if i'm playing terribly, which is usually lol, then 100% the cannon will put the white on the 5% of the table where i cant see the next ball, until i started playing this in the last few months, never thought about the results orientated part of cannons, shots being + or - ev, and, definitely where i struggle, being results orientated, abut a cannon for instance, i suppose in the real world you knock the balls around on a table then have a few beers, i am liking the theoretical side of it though, might improve my live game

    @Nineballina - Please forgive my ignorance, but how do you define the word "cannon"? 🤔

    Definition of Cannon


    Cannon is a billiards term that is a part of Billiard Technique Terminology.

    The term cannon refers to a carom or a carom shot, and generally means the same thing. Cannon is more of a British, and sometimes North American or Canadian term for the term carom. A cannon refers to the rebounding off of a ball or rail. In British, Australian, and sometimes Canadian usage, the word Cannon is sometimes used to refer to a carom

    got that off of a billiards site mate, probably explains it better than i could :)

    i probably would've said "smashing into a ball/balls off of a rail or another ball" so for once, at least, my version would've been shorter ;) :D
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    edited May 23
    Played 3 games if you care to watch :smiley:

  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 576 Pool Expert
    1st match great positional shot onto the black, was looking at it trying to think how i'd get onto the black there in the only spot in could go, you probably couldnt have picked the white up and placed it better as it turned out! very nice shot

    edit - wrote that as i was watching, like to see how humble you was after the match about it :D :D

    i do that sometimes though, if i play a (rare) great positional shot and the opponent doesnt acknowledge it, i tend to give myself a pat on the back and have the convo with myself "nice shot" "yes" "thankyou" :D

    edit again lol, i skipped forward after the positional shot, never seen you miss a black from there so just assumed game over, then saw the next match, and it was 1=0 other guy, was just about to congratulate you on back to back faultless games and then saw the score, ok the after match comment makes sense now lol, seemed out of character for you to give yourself a nod like that, however great the shot was, and i was only joking obv about me doing it ;)

    i started to worry just as the white came off the second black, thought it was going to be a pattern of in offs but you could quickly see it was alright

    i think the guys shot at 9:00 is interesting, kinda reflects what we were talking about the other day after our match, wonder what @odlllbo thinks, he lines the snooker up, can get out of it ok, clear hit on his ball, but then decides against it, gives you table, reminded me of what i said in our match, with snookers very little control over the cue ball, against a great player like you you're giving you table anyway, (be interested to know the EV in this @odlllbo seen as how we've been discussing it)

    the guy thinks maybe he posts the black off of his ball, it kinda looks on? even if he hits it you've got 4 balls on the table to his 1, very unlikely he'll put you in a bad spot, upsides are he flukes the ball, or snookers you, downside is he hits his ball and posts the black, hits his ball and leaves you the table, maybe moves the black into an even easier potting position

    the chance of him potting his ball or snookering you vs the chance of him potting the black, leaving it in a better spot, or letting you run the table anyway i think makes it a marginal call between going for the hit, with what the upsides are, and he can see it clearly, against leaving it to you, and hoping you miss the black, also probably should put in the upside of his options him hitting his ball, not potting it but putting the black in a hard place to pot, but maybe works out bad for him in the furture if he has to come back to the table for it

    just weird i mentioned to you the other day about why i dont put much effort into getting out of snookers when the table is a certain way, there's very little upside in comparison to the downside and this guy after having a think about it seemed to do exactly that @odlllbo could probably quantify the chances, and outcomes of the frame after each scanario better than i could and work out if his shot was +ev or not, i think its close tbh though situation, i dont hate the not going for the snooker here

    anyway nice set of frames there @Wilbur well played, unlucky in the first match, and nice to see a guy being cordial and polite in return as well
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 944 Pool Expert
    Wilbur wrote: »
    @jjoe not sure if my side is working. Doesn't show any friends on line. I sent challenge to you a few times. Maybe try sending me a challenge.

    I did notice lag on my 10 year old computer :smiley:

    I won't have been online. Don't stay on computer that late :D lol

    Also, I play on the old PC version not new :)
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 437 Pool Pro
    Well played @Wilbur :)

    Agreed great shot to get shape on the 8 in the first game. And also good shot at 2:15 to develop the 8. Def unlucky to scratch there.

    Yeah the shot at 9:00 is interesting. I Think ur right @Nineballina Ge that he saw the the 8 was gonna move towards the pocket and didn't wanna chance it. EV wise think it's prob best to try and go for the softer hit on the 7 instead of giving ball in hand. U could aim the kick to just skim the 7 and send the cb into the 14 just hard enough so it hits a rail and the 7 stays near the 8. If we miss the ball entirely then we're no worse off. Or could also roll the 9 into the cluster to make things a bit tougher for him with bih.

    Thing is the 7 is in a good spot to block the long table bank shot so I can understand why he didn't want to move it. Think players make those long banks more consistently than the one into the bottom right corner, at least I know I do.

    If it's a choice between hitting the kick shot at a harder speed or giving bih it does seem marginal. I think I like giving bih and would quantify it as maybe 2.4% better option :D. With the timer running down it's a tough call to make quick of course. In fact maybe there's a slight mental game edge in choosing to give bih rather than go for the last second hail Mary shot. Make ur opponent think wonder why he didn't go for it :)
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    @jjoe not sure if my side is working. Doesn't show any friends on line. I sent challenge to you a few times. Maybe try sending me a challenge.

    I did notice lag on my 10 year old computer :smiley:

    I won't have been online. Don't stay on computer that late :D lol

    Also, I play on the old PC version not new :)

    @JJoe no problem, :smiley: my old computer will only play on new version. I thing it is on its last leg. Lol

    It is probably 10 years old and I only use it to keep our budget balance. Since the smart phone I use it 99% of time. :smiley:
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 944 Pool Expert
    Wilbur wrote: »
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    @jjoe not sure if my side is working. Doesn't show any friends on line. I sent challenge to you a few times. Maybe try sending me a challenge.

    I did notice lag on my 10 year old computer :smiley:

    I won't have been online. Don't stay on computer that late :D lol

    Also, I play on the old PC version not new :)

    @JJoe no problem, :smiley: my old computer will only play on new version. I thing it is on its last leg. Lol

    It is probably 10 years old and I only use it to keep our budget balance. Since the smart phone I use it 99% of time. :smiley:

    You mean the old version isn't working for you? Surely it is, it requires less processing power to work than the new version :)
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    @Nineballina Ge @odlllbo
    I like both of your statements about games. I really enjoy reading what you both of you had to say. I think you hit it on the head as to feelings, emotions, as to what was going on. :smiley:

    As to the first game, when I saw 8 ball touch 5 ball i started saying over and over till cue sctatched, "are you kidding me" lol

    In the third game as to the 7 ball, I felt the same thoughts about what he was thinking but was saying to myself he needs to kick at it and hope to hit 7 and maybe put 8 ball in a harder position. I saw the way he was aiming he was worried about pocketing 8. I think what odlllbo mention would have been better option.

    As we all know we have to make those decisions on the fly and quickly. :smiley:

    Thanks again for your feed back. I think reading that and watch vedios over helps me to make those decisions quicker in future games as the situations come up again. :smiley:
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    edited May 23
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    JJoe wrote: »
    Wilbur wrote: »
    @jjoe not sure if my side is working. Doesn't show any friends on line. I sent challenge to you a few times. Maybe try sending me a challenge.

    I did notice lag on my 10 year old computer :smiley:

    I won't have been online. Don't stay on computer that late :D lol

    Also, I play on the old PC version not new :)

    @JJoe no problem, :smiley: my old computer will only play on new version. I thing it is on its last leg. Lol

    It is probably 10 years old and I only use it to keep our budget balance. Since the smart phone I use it 99% of time. :smiley:

    You mean the old version isn't working for you? Surely it is, it requires less processing power to work than the new version :)

    I think I got it!!! Had to install flash player. :smiley: that is a different look than new version. Mambia is largest table to play? Checked my profile and only seen beginner cue but it was maxed out like my Archangel !?
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 415 Pool Pro
    @JJoe , maybe I don't have it!?
    I click on play and nothing happens?

    zazatr8hue8i.jpg

    Clicked on my profile and this is what I got. Different id# ??

    ni7ucvhbh8nw.jpg

    Clicked on shop and it never shows up, just what you see below??

    qagn4pbbwma8.jpg


    I will keep messing with it tonight and see if I can get it to work lol
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online19

(Silver Surfer)
(Silver Surfer)
princes5789
princes5789
Salman Yousuf
Salman Yousuf
tuqeer1393378a
tuqeer1393378a
+15 Guests