Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Fed up with breaking system....

Dave BurgessDave Burgess Posts: 8 New Member
edited January 6 in Help & Feedback
What exactly is the system/formula/whatever for deciding who gets to break? I hardly ever get to break and it's starting to really annoy me, the amount of Tournaments I enter and don't even get a shot is really me off...

Also, when you hit a straight shot, in the middle of the ball, it shouldn't roll forward as much as it does, at least in real life i've never saw it happen, it even happens when I put backspin on, with a straight shot, the stupid thing still rolls forward....

Moderator Edit: Censored word removed from post
Post edited by Dalton Moderator on

Comments

• David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    LOL :D i feel your pain man. I thought there was a "conspiracy" going on for a while too (not really but SOMEthing seemed wrong :D ). I think i went (one time, when i actually COUNTED) 17 games in a row without getting to break. I thought it had something to do with winning previous round but i won 3 in a row in that 17 game session and never once got to break. I don't get it either. :D don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff :wink:
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    Cant we just electronically flip a coin at the start of every game? B)
  • Tyler DalehiteTyler Dalehite Zombie Moderator MississippiPosts: 823 mod
    edited January 5
    Yeah it's annoying at times and not sure at all on the system,but if every break was given to a decent player,no losses would occur,tables cleaned
  • Dave BurgessDave Burgess Posts: 8 New Member
    What was the censored word you removed? I don't remember swearing or anything...

@David - Yeah it's pretty frustrating but I need to stop getting addicted to silly little games haha
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    @Dave Burgess just as a heads up... all the swears are censored even the littlest ones due to this site catering for minors, a family friendly site in other words. :+1:
  • Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,951 mod
    What exactly is the system/formula/whatever for deciding who gets to break? I hardly ever get to break and it's starting to really annoy me, the amount of Tournaments I enter and don't even get a shot is really me off...

Hi @Dave Burgess,

Who gets to break in a match is actually 100% random! There is nothing that can be done to change who will break. The only exception to this is if you rematch someone after a match, the opposite player to break last time will break in the new round. However, if you drop out and return to the main menu, search for another game and by chance end up against the same player as before, the break will again be random, meaning they might get to break twice in a row.

Best of luck!
    Dalton
  • yakoubyakoubyakoubyakoub Posts: 805 Pool Expert
    i was about to make a thread about this. something is very wrong with the break system, just like you i barley get to break and when i do it barley works 50% of the time on mobile, the other 50% its potting some balls from the break but also the cue ball too.... what the heck is happening? it was never like that before in the paris/bangkok days it used to always work.
    Still nothing has been done... I get to break every 3 to 4 games.. sometimes even 5.. which is BS in my opinion.. I think there is a break trick going on.. because for some reason it's 90% Indians and 10% Pakistanis that always get the break when I play them in a row. Always they get the break and I seen some posts about a break trick in some Pakistani pool groups as soon as you win or lose a game hit the home button and exit the game then go back and open it and play in any table and you'll always get the break.. idk if that's true but if it is please get rid of this trick.. @George Sweeper @Raquel Oliveira PLEASE
  • -Alyna-Alyna 80.9% Posts: 885 Pool Expert
    Still nothing has been done... I get to break every 3 to 4 games.. sometimes even 5.. which is BS in my opinion.. I think there is a break trick going on.. because for some reason it's 90% Indians and 10% Pakistanis that always get the break when I play them in a row. Always they get the break and I seen some posts about a break trick in some Pakistani pool groups as soon as you win or lose a game hit the home button and exit the game then go back and open it and play in any table and you'll always get the break.. idk if that's true but if it is please get rid of this trick.. @George Sweeper @Raquel Oliveira PLEASE
    Yes, there's a break trick and you explained it loooooool. Ahmed Iqbal (the overrated noob) posted a video using it. Very annoying, you're right
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 190 Pool Pro
    Hi @Dave Burgess,

Who gets to break in a match is actually 100% random! There is nothing that can be done to change who will break. The only exception to this is if you rematch someone after a match, the opposite player to break last time will break in the new round. However, if you drop out and return to the main menu, search for another game and by chance end up against the same player as before, the break will again be random, meaning they might get to break twice in a row.

Best of luck!
    Dalton

Right or wrong, I am apt to believe @Dalton Moderator's explanation. In our crazy world today, his answer would be the most logical. But then again why would he lie?!? LOL

On the other hand, since everyone is giving suggestions, I have one. Why don't the two players LAG just like how we do it when I play APA league nights at my local billiards hall and how the pros do it at every tournament?!? :smiley:
    edited April 10
    -Alyna wrote: »
    Yes, there's a break trick and you explained it loooooool. Ahmed Iqbal (the overrated noob) posted a video using it. Very annoying, you're right

I didn't see the video. But a Pakistani friend of mines told it to me. I Never tried it and never will.
  • Moe W.Moe W. Posts: 187 Pool Pro
    edited May 6
    I was playing on Mumbai , the first 10 games in a row the break with my opponents and in the 10 games the players cleaned the table without giving me any chance to play , and i loss all the 10 games which means i loss 150m coins within 1 hour. LOL , i really can feel you.
  • QjIiXdQjIiXd Posts: 1 New Member
    How to change pass pls give link
  • Moe W.Moe W. Posts: 187 Pool Pro
    QjIiXd wrote: »
    How to change pass pls give link

Go to Miniclip site , Login , then click on Edit Profile , change passwd. good luck
  • d4ve_tvd4ve_tv Posts: 190 Pool Pro
    I still think both players should lag to determine break LOL :wink: