Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

I once saw.....

124»

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited June 5
    I once saw a pod of around 30 to 50 Bottlenose Dolphins spend an entire afternoon, over 4 hours, bow-wave surfing in front of the US Navy ship I was on. We were transiting in the Caribbean Sea and travelling at 25 or 30 knots (roughly 28 to 34 mph - 46.3 to 55.56 kph) the whole time..... :o

They would take turns riding in the wave for a few minutes then lunge out and leap away and another one would take their place.....it was amazing to see them do that for so long....and I cross my heart and hope to die, this is a true statement....you could see the smiles on their faces when they would flip over and look right at us peeking over the bow to watch them....And it had the side benefit of being a great place to get some rays on off-shift hours....lol...used to love sun-bathing..... B)

X5lbOom.gif
  • kimi060845kimi060845 Posts: 1,692 Pool Champion
    @Sundhifan how delightful to be watching those dolphins ...happy and free ....!
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion
    i once saw some fin whales, when i went whale watchin :)
  • kimi060845kimi060845 Posts: 1,692 Pool Champion
    @creativehotty , whales ! Wonderful huge creatures!

I once saw a fairies ring . Went to the center, sat down and hoped to see at least one of them but they kept out of sight .
124»