Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Sunidhifan's "Adventures on SuziQ6"

167891012»

Comments

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    Nice vids Jeff. Loving that Auckland top you got on there, sweet. And im glad you got that situation sorted out as well. Im wondering if the little protest you held worked by pushing folks away?
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 31
    ZX 10 R wrote: »
    Drinking and And Eating, then driving at about 8MPH Being shaken about , would that not make your stomach a little queasy .

Possibly true.....but my chair's top end is 6.458 MPH and those bumpy cobblestones that I hate and shake me up so bad are on the way to the restaurant....only have to go about 25 feet on them when I leave.....all sidewalks, streets and trails after that on the way to BricktownE Brewing Co. where I had the second beer....and it is 1 and a half blocks on sidewalks from there to the city bus transit center where I go to catch a bus home....drops me off two blocks from my apartment.... ;)

good vids :) had to watch em on utube tho, cause otherwise as nanny has stated, my whole screen goes white !! but thats for any vids on forum now, including the music ones :neutral: and i laughed at "medical materials" ROFL :D

Thanks...lol...glad you enjoyed them....and my sense of decorum in describing the dispensary.... :D :D

Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    @Sunidhifan

Hi Jeff, I couldn't quite catch what the brewery did that made you mad enough to organise a boycott, pray tell LOL

Lol.....sure, no problem....

My Yelp review and copy of written event I handed out to anyone who inquired about it:

"I will start off by stating that I am a disabled U.S. Navy veteran in a power wheel chair and I proudly fly the American Flag and the United States Navy flag on my chair at all times. I patronize many business establishments throughout the Rogue Valley, all of which have been more than accommodating, considerate, respectful and willing to provide me access to an available power outlet if and when needed. I have patronized the BricktownE Brewing Co establishment on more than 4 occasions in the last 3 or so years. I have never had an issue there and enjoyed their products and service completely without any problems at all. See this video uploaded and shared on multiple social sites on June 1, 2017 for clarity: youtube.com/watch?v=7Guv...

Until Saturday, May 12 2018 at approximately 2:15 PM during multiple events taking place in the downtown area. I inadvertently ran my battery down and my chair died completely at Riverside and 9th street. I decided my best option was to push my chair the 3 blocks to BricktownE, have a draft and ask to charge my chair at one of the unused outlets I have seen many times there (one such outlet is located on the wall directly behind where I am sitting at the start of the above video), as well, I have seen people using their laptops plugged in there. Upon arrival, I went inside and asked a waitress if I could do just that, buy a draft and use an outlet, to which she said she saw no problem. The reason I am in a power wheelchair is because my vestibular system (which is your balance system) no longer works and I have no equilibrium at all, so stagger badly. Numerous patrons assisted me to my chair outside and helped me push it to the smaller bar door which I always use as it is less interruption than the main entrance. Upon entering, the bartender was waiting for me and in a demeaning, rude and disrespectful manner informed me they had no available/accessible outlets for customers to use. A number of patrons and myself pointed out a few of them. He then said I could not use one since they had to watch their electricity usage, it was expensive running all their equipment. I responded to this by saying I was going to order a draft and would be more than happy to pay for whatever electricity he felt I had used in the 15 or 20 minutes I needed to get my power up to catch a bus home. He then said that he was to concerned that my chair would trip the circuit breakers. I then got the message loud and clear: There was really no issue with me needing to charge my chair, it was my presence as a disabled person that was not acceptable in his establishment! If there actually was an issue regarding power usage by patrons, then that is what he should have said right from the start and I would have had no problem, but his changing the story 3 times with obvious lies was what I found to be disrespectful and insulting. There were numerous other patrons present during all this. I have never been so embarrassed, felt so disrespected and insulted in any establishment in our fine Rogue Valley. I had to push my chair back out the door and over a block and a half to the food court set up for the Spring In Bloom event. The barbecue stand there was more than happy to provide me with an extension cord with power from inside their stand and I sat there for 25 minutes till I had enough power to get home.

I would not recommend this business to any disabled person, veteran or not, at least when that bartender is in charge there. I have made a sign and will be sitting in front of the establishment on various days and times as I did on Sunday, 13 May 2018 in the late afternoon. The same bartender was working and came outside, where he once again made the claim that no outlets are available to an individual who had asked me what happened and I was explaining to him what had happened. At least three employees took pictures of me in my chair. I waved politely to all of them. I made no comments to any patrons unless asked what happened. I did not and will not interfere with their customers or business in any way. I will just sit there quietly with my sign and make my feelings known. If they can embarrass, disrespect and insult me in public, I will return the favor.

Jeff Smolinski - Disabled resident veteran in Medford OR"

And the sign I made and used holding in my lap....with a 12 oz. can of MT. Dew for scale:

DId9gPX.jpg

COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Nice vids Jeff. Loving that Auckland top you got on there, sweet. And im glad you got that situation sorted out as well. Im wondering if the little protest you held worked by pushing folks away?

Thanks on the shirt....lol....Auckland was where I re-enlisted in the Navy when my ship was on a port visit there back in 1980....so fond memories...
    As to my protest...lol....why as a matter of fact, it did.....lol....more than a few even.....including at least a couple already seated inside who came out and asked me what happened, I handed them one of my write-up sheets, they went back inside, read the story, got up and walked out.....

Also about 10 other folks who had been walking in stopped, asked me what happened, and after I told them, they asked if there was another similar establishment nearby and left to go the one a block away I told them about.... :D

Management, bartender and owner came out to discuss the situation shortly after the couple who had been inside got up and walked out......lol....

They asked what it would take to resolve the situation...and I told them the truth:
    A simple yet sincere apology for the way I was treated!

Which they promptly did, made the bartender apologize also to which I then said very well and that I would leave them alone...… I also deleted my Yelp review from the Yelp site when I got home as I told them I would..... ;)
    Owner insisted I come in for a free beer and also said I would get a free beer on my next 5 visits in addition to his apology...... ;)

Everything worked out well.... :)

You don't mess with the Zohan…...or in this case, the Sunidhifan... :D :D ;)

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,888 Pool Forum Veteran
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Lol.....sure, no problem....
    DId9gPX.jpg

Everything worked out well.... :)

You don't mess with the Zohan…...or in this case, the Sunidhifan... :D :D ;)

LOL very nicely done Jeff, we always knew you were a fighter.

Personally I think you let them off far too lightly but that's just me, when I have to clap back at someone I like to do it harder than they did and I probably would have gone for the bartenders dismissal LOL
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    Sweet. Amazing what people power can do, and its even beter when its one person who can lite the touch paper, if you know what i mean? lol. Well done Jeff.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited June 6
    Wow.....saw a bad accident today on my way to lunch....I came by about 10 minutes after this happened, sure hope no one was killed or seriously injured, but that had to be a bad impact to knock that car on it's side like that...they were getting ready to use the jaws-of-life to cut it open.... The speed limit on that stretch of road is 30 MPH....and people try to hit me all the time...especially 6 blocks up the road where I have to cross a lot....in a well-marked and lit designated crosswalk....they ignore me all the time and just zoom by....but when I have my camera out like I did in the second video showing the spot, that makes them stop...lol...as you can see...

The accident:

The crosswalk:

Sorry, not sure why it is so out of focus... :*

X5lbOom.gif
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Wow.....saw a bad accident today on my way to lunch....I came by about 10 minutes after this happened, sure hope no one was killed or seriously injured, but that had to be a bad impact to knock that car on it's side like that...they were getting ready to use the jaws-of-life to cut it open.... The speed limit on that stretch of road is 30 MPH....and people try to hit me all the time...especially 6 blocks up the road where I have to cross a lot....in a well-marked and lit designated crosswalk....they ignore me all the time and just zoom by....but when I have my camera out like I did in the second video showing the spot, that makes them stop...lol...as you can see...

The accident:

The crosswalk:

Sorry, not sure why it is so out of focus... :*

X5lbOom.gif

UGH !!! that accident dont look good, and neither does that dangerous intersection !!! nice little neighbourhood tho, when u do get across :)
167891012»