Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

50 and 100 tours wins challenge.

Comments

• -Alyna-Alyna 80.9% Posts: 884 Pool Expert
    @Carlos Tales Don't forget to post your 25 tours score
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 440 Pool Pro
    When the Abu Dhabi tournament was on I noticed the 2nd place player had redic tournament stats. Assuming it's legit (don't know how it could be faked) this has to be the record for 100 tours.

Think they had a few limited tourney rings as well which makes it even more impressive. Do u know this player @-Alyna ?
    y6blf5a0zz85.png
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro
    Each posters has 3 minutes which runs down whilst aiming and stops as soon as shot is made. Some see it as bad sportsmanship to play safe to make a player run out of time but it can be fun and on occasion can back fire. Lol

I just worked out my last 22 games played whilst winning 7/8 tournaments my bppg was 8.6.

Would be a good challenge for someone to try and beat that.

"Each posters" = each player?

Carlos, how can you have a bppg average over 8? - Probably have another dumb question.🤪
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,474 Pool Champion
    edited June 4
    Each posters has 3 minutes which runs down whilst aiming and stops as soon as shot is made. Some see it as bad sportsmanship to play safe to make a player run out of time but it can be fun and on occasion can back fire. Lol

I just worked out my last 22 games played whilst winning 7/8 tournaments my bppg was 8.6.

Would be a good challenge for someone to try and beat that.

"Each posters" = each player?

Carlos, how can you have a bppg average over 8? - Probably have another dumb question.🤪

Yes. It was a typo. Each player I was meant to say.

My BPPG is high because firstly I won over 95% of my games and no one rarely disconnects even when the black shot is a dead cert so my bppg would always be at least 8.

My tactic after breaking is taking on the balls which have most remaining unless there is an easy Clearance so nearly all my breaking games I will pot 9 or 10 balls. Id say my denials during this tour challenge is above 80% success.
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 440 Pool Pro
    The tip is to make your denials and to take your chance once one is inevitably given. Also if a noob plays a soft break shot don’t always try and go for a clearance unless you have an early chance to break the pack. I can often win playing noobs against the clock.
    Many a time I've gotten too confident thinking I could dismantle and run a soft break table and paid the price. I agree that facing this break it's often best to just pot one ball to claim the best group and play safe, especially if there's multiple tough clusters to deal with. Once they see ur not taking the bait the opponent will often turn aggressive and start smashing things open full speed and inevitably run into trouble.

I think running the time against a soft break is a valid counter strategy and not bad sportsmanship imo. And like u say can sometimes backfire:)

It's all opponent and rack dependent ofc and will vary based on the actual layout. But chances are that if the opponent was skilled enough to run out often they wouldn't be playing the soft break in the first place:)

• VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 882 Pool Expert
    Might try 25 sometime if that counts?
    Might try 25 sometime if that counts?

Yes, it does
    I ended with 25/32. 78%. Won my last 5 but had a wobble after being 18/20 losing 5/7

bvw50crmse6k.png
    edited June 5
    Congratulations @Carlos Tales :) gonna add you in the 25 tours won list
    edited June 5
    ·25 tour runs:
    1 - @Carlos Tales : 25/32 = 78.125
    ·50 tour runs:
    1 - @-Alyna: 50 / 61 = 81.97%
    2 - @Rowunbeat!: 50 / 62 = 80.64%
    3 - @Carlos Tales: 50 / 66 = 75.75%
    ·100 tour runs:
    1 - @cidercoder: 100 / 125 = 80%
    2 - @Rowunbeat!: 100 / 129 = 77.52%
    3 - @Manuel Panariello: 100 / 133= 75.18%
    4 - @-Alyna: 100 / 139= 71.94%
    -Alyna wrote: »
    Congratulations @Carlos Tales :) gonna add you in the 25 tours won list

Thanks. Was gutted dropping below 80. Lol
    I'll probably try the 100 tours challenge twice when I reach 1,800 tour wins
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro
    edited June 6
    odlllbo wrote: »
    The tip is to make your denials and to take your chance once one is inevitably given. Also if a noob plays a soft break shot don’t always try and go for a clearance unless you have an early chance to break the pack. I can often win playing noobs against the clock.
    Many a time I've gotten too confident thinking I could dismantle and run a soft break table and paid the price. I agree that facing this break it's often best to just pot one ball to claim the best group and play safe, especially if there's multiple tough clusters to deal with. Once they see ur not taking the bait the opponent will often turn aggressive and start smashing things open full speed and inevitably run into trouble.

I think running the time against a soft break is a valid counter strategy and not bad sportsmanship imo. And like u say can sometimes backfire:)

It's all opponent and rack dependent ofc and will vary based on the actual layout. But chances are that if the opponent was skilled enough to run out often they wouldn't be playing the soft break in the first place:)

Carlos wrote:
    Yes any tournaments is the challenge. I play Rio just because I find it as easy as Barcelona but it’s a higher tier.

Contrary to what others think denials against you in Rio or Barcelona are rare. In the past 2 days I’ve had a 27 WS winning 9 straight tours and I’m currently on 18 ws. 15/16 tour wins.

The tip is to make your denials and to take your chance once one is inevitably given. Also if a noob plays a soft break shot don’t always try and go for a clearance unless you have an early chance to break the pack. I can often win playing noobs against the clock. The highest level I normally come across in Rio is 100 to 120. Often you’ll be paired against level 30 to 70’s

Pure Gold! - Thanks to you both! 😀👍
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 243 Pool Pro
    edited June 8
    @-Alyna do 33.33% wins count? :D
    19i3jtt85ivv.png
    Just played and won first round Chicago, first games back from my road trip then remembered I’m still going for the 50 tour challenge score so will leave the 2nd round for now. I’m 28/33 80%. @VJGunners are you giving this a go?
    Just played and won first round Chicago, first games back from my road trip then remembered I’m still going for the 50 tour challenge score so will leave the 2nd round for now. I’m 28/33 80%. @VJGunners are you giving this a go?

I actually started it and then forgot about it whilst reaching 10k :/

I’m gonna try concentrate on Chicago while it’s around, I won 1 from 2 attempts today with 11/20 overall.
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 593 Pool Expert

I’m gonna try concentrate on Chicago while it’s around, I won 1 from 2 attempts today with 11/20 overall.

is that 11/20 to get the ring or 11/20 chicago wins? thinking about it thinking its chicago wins total, which is still very nice, but 11 wins from 20 tries there would be sick, very hard tourney, i think i'm 1 win from 4

is that 11/20 to get the ring or 11/20 chicago wins? thinking about it thinking its chicago wins total, which is still very nice, but 11 wins from 20 tries there would be sick, very hard tourney, i think i'm 1 win from 4

Lol yeah 11/20 to get the ring, I’ve been trying to add wins every time this tour comes. Last time around i didn’t get much time to play it and didn’t add anything to my total.
    q9kvkljvfs1r.png

Do you mean 28/35? 28/33 is way above 80% :)
    I'm on 18/23 right now