Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Abu Dhabi Championship thoughts

Comments

• Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,474 Pool Champion
    There was so many typos in my previous message that I could hardly make out what I was saying :joy:
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 593 Pool Expert
    There was so many typos in my previous message that I could hardly make out what I was saying :joy:

lol it's alright i got the gist of it mate, can only imagine what my posts must end up reading like then!
    i think thats the skill part of it that is super tricky, and really is a skill, knowing the exact amount of games needed for second or third, and then applying it obv, but knowing when to stick, or go for the win and twist, i can imagine leveling up loads on a league you thought you had in the bag only for someone to come and nick it at the death can be proper frustrating

i played a few games today on the alt today that i posted on the mobile tourney to keep things going until the other games got posted, i was surprised to see the league, i'm still winning and extended by a hundred mil, but if you saw some of the accounts yet to make their move, accounts with 3-4bn won having "played" less than 100 games with the multimillionaire cue, i get the feeling it will be very tricky in the end to even cash in it, good luck with yours this week though, when do you decide or know if the win is on? right on the last day i'm guessing and then get the wins, and hope someone doesnt come from nowhere to "win" a bundle of games at the last minute?
    Yes normally last day. Sometimes I’ll just play Bangkok early get 10 mil then just watch. That’s what I did last week to win 3rd
  • Tommy 37Tommy 37 Posts: 37 Pool Player
    The REAL irony of this post is that initially i posted saying i thought it was unfair that players reset their level to win leagues.
    That discussion clearly didn’t go in my favour, and now to top it off this thread has actually become a bit of a tutorial on exactly what is the best way to do just that!
  • UnEquiVocaL EnDUnEquiVocaL EnD Posts: 533 Pool Expert
    Tommy 37 wrote: »
    The REAL irony of this post is that initially i posted saying i thought it was unfair that players reset their level to win leagues.
    That discussion clearly didn’t go in my favour, and now to top it off this thread has actually become a bit of a tutorial on exactly what is the best way to do just that!

i definitely dont think there's a bias, for all the different reasons i outlined, but as i said i did understand fundamentally what your point was, and if it was completely true i think it's something i wouldve agreed with, i kinda thought you landed on the page where you understood a bit more the nuances of doing it, but that it wasnt for you, and people that tried it wern't maybe as scummy as first thought, so everything thereafter, the way threads tend to go, just developed and a convo about the aforementioned nuances, intricacies etc

i'm not sure that the "discussion" that didn't go in your favour at the start could really be called a discussion tbh lol and i thought i did not to bad a job of making it one ;)

i suppose maybe there's a touch of irony attached to it, but not much more, than if you look at the 8 ball pool super group which has like hundreds of thousands of members, and see the mods on there, reps of the fame for all intents and purposes representing the fairness of the game doing exactly the same thing (which i happened to see today)

so i suppose MC do want the game to be fair, not everyone's definition is always gonna be the same though which kinda brings us full circle, but imagining that some people are kind've on the fence about the subject, or disagree with what you think, then i suppose this being a forum it's normal that if a topic gets mentioned, then in whatever capacity, and pursuant to everyone's individual beliefs it will get discussed it a way that's applicable to the individual

i might be inclined to say that the real irony of the thread is the lengths i went to change it into a discussion and not people sending you memes telling you to get a brain, which has inadvertently calmed everything down and given you far more info from which to derive indignation whilst receiving far less hostility, i'm kinda hoping i lose my league now :D

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,888 Pool Forum Veteran
    @Nineballina Ge

Great post Niner and... omg this bit ?...
    i'm kinda hoping i lose my league now
    6zzub2vkau1q.gif
  • Tommy 37Tommy 37 Posts: 37 Pool Player
    Yes, classic post 👍
    got the hat trick, but kinda defeats the point of doing it the way it was supposed to be done, got overly involved in the second one and after my level got too high was no point trying to moderate it anymore, so a bit of a failure in terms of the general concept of balancing the minimal amount of games with winning the leagues, but i dunno, still nice to get 3 on the bounce i suppose :)

y03zk3rjw9m7.png
    thae6s0sy20m.png
    2vikkvbihogh.jpg
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,888 Pool Forum Veteran
    got the hat trick, but kinda defeats the point of doing it the way it was supposed to be done, got overly involved in the second one and after my level got too high was no point trying to moderate it anymore, so a bit of a failure in terms of the general concept of balancing the minimal amount of games with winning the leagues, but i dunno, still nice to get 3 on the bounce i suppose :)

y03zk3rjw9m7.png
    thae6s0sy20m.png
    2vikkvbihogh.jpg

Still a very impressive achievement regardless of whether it was the way you wanted to do it or not LOL
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 243 Pool Pro
    edited June 11
    The league ends 11 am by my time. So, there are always 5 hours for the 2nd player to cross me...
    pshjcfcbya40.png

Gratz Ballerina :D
    Thatz a lot of cash that you've won
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

y03zk3rjw9m7.png
    thae6s0sy20m.png
    2vikkvbihogh.jpg

Still a very impressive achievement regardless of whether it was the way you wanted to do it or not LOL

thanks @Nanny Ogg
    talha899t wrote: »
    The league ends 11 am by my time. So, there are always 5 hours for the 2nd player to cross me...
    pshjcfcbya40.png

Gratz Ballerina :D
    Thatz a lot of cash that you've won

lol

cheers mate
  • Marleen88Marleen88 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi All. Nice to meet you :)
    Any southeast asia player here?
    Marleen88 wrote: »

Hello! Welcome to the forum.
    I am from south east asia... :p

Marleen is after some easy games :D :joy:

Marleen is after some easy games :D :joy:

In that case, she can't find any easier opponent such as yourself :D
    ok so i know i just wrote a big william wallace type speech about not having any goals anymore and just playing for a laugh, but i'm a fickle chap lol and just saw that the los angeles points building tourney is gonna start in 12 hours or so and am thinking about giving it a proper go to make the top 100

1) time, how long to play, whats the best strategy for playing, get into a rhythm and keep it going, play one big long session or several small ones?

2) overall pool cash? how much will i need, i mean specifically me, only been playing since january so really not a legit top 100 player, imagine i'm going to need a fair amount of pool cash but what is realistic, the break the bank deal that i wouldve bought to help with this has been reduced to 420 because of the coins they are bunking in with it, so i know this is probably more than anyone would want to spend on getting into the top 100, but as a safety net is that an ok amount to use?

3) when so i use them, i've played a couple before but just to get the top 100k which is very easy so in terms of spreading them out, do i use them on the same big run, even if it means win 5 use one, win 3 use 2 win 6 use 4, until i get to use 128? or is there a better way of distributing the pool cash, what's the most efficient way of doing it?

if i hadn't seen this just come up in the lobby then yes, i wouldve stuck the more relaxed approach i alluded to, and just played for fun, but my gf isnt back till next week, so i've got the time over the weekend to give this a shot, and do it with a clear head and not have to do all the normal weekend stuff getting in the way so any advice on the best way to do this would be very helpful, i know @Carlos Tales you've had some blinding runs in all of these tourneys so a bit of input will be very helpful, but remember i'm nowhere near as good as you so the parameters for you and pool cash etc, are probably a bit different for me, but bearing that in mind any advice would be aprecciated and anyone else that plays in these regularly i've tagged a few names that have posted in this thread and seem to play them but anyone else any tips on when to play or how to dispense the pool cash, when to use it etc would be very helpful

i'm not 100% sure i'm gonna so it, if everone says nah you cant do it using 400 odd pool cash thats cheating then i probs wont otherwise seems like a bit of a hollow victory and wont really mean anything, and the flip side of that if it seems that i probably wont get anywhere near and will just be wasting pool cash let me know your throughts?

@!Murray @Zoggg @VijayGunners @jjoe @Wilbur Redman @odlllbo @TheScobester2 @Obel @-Alyna @christhecueball @UnEquiVocaL EnD @COOLOCKER @talha899t

i know a couple of you are only/mainly pc players so i wasnt sure if its a mobile only thing? but thought i'd tag you anyway :)
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 437 Pool Pro
    ok so i know i just wrote a big william wallace type speech about not having any goals anymore and just playing for a laugh, but i'm a fickle chap lol and just saw that the los angeles points building tourney is gonna start in 12 hours or so and am thinking about giving it a proper go to make the top 100

1) time, how long to play, whats the best strategy for playing, get into a rhythm and keep it going, play one big long session or several small ones?

2) overall pool cash? how much will i need, i mean specifically me, only been playing since january so really not a legit top 100 player, imagine i'm going to need a fair amount of pool cash but what is realistic, the break the bank deal that i wouldve bought to help with this has been reduced to 420 because of the coins they are bunking in with it, so i know this is probably more than anyone would want to spend on getting into the top 100, but as a safety net is that an ok amount to use?

3) when so i use them, i've played a couple before but just to get the top 100k which is very easy so in terms of spreading them out, do i use them on the same big run, even if it means win 5 use one, win 3 use 2 win 6 use 4, until i get to use 128? or is there a better way of distributing the pool cash, what's the most efficient way of doing it?

if i hadn't seen this just come up in the lobby then yes, i wouldve stuck the more relaxed approach i alluded to, and just played for fun, but my gf isnt back till next week, so i've got the time over the weekend to give this a shot, and do it with a clear head and not have to do all the normal weekend stuff getting in the way so any advice on the best way to do this would be very helpful, i know @Carlos Tales you've had some blinding runs in all of these tourneys so a bit of input will be very helpful, but remember i'm nowhere near as good as you so the parameters for you and pool cash etc, are probably a bit different for me, but bearing that in mind any advice would be aprecciated and anyone else that plays in these regularly i've tagged a few names that have posted in this thread and seem to play them but anyone else any tips on when to play or how to dispense the pool cash, when to use it etc would be very helpful

i'm not 100% sure i'm gonna so it, if everone says nah you cant do it using 400 odd pool cash thats cheating then i probs wont otherwise seems like a bit of a hollow victory and wont really mean anything, and the flip side of that if it seems that i probably wont get anywhere near and will just be wasting pool cash let me know your throughts?

@!Murray @Zoggg @VijayGunners @jjoe @Wilbur Redman @odlllbo @TheScobester2 @Obel @-Alyna @christhecueball @UnEquiVocaL EnD @COOLOCKER @talha899t

i know a couple of you are only/mainly pc players so i wasnt sure if its a mobile only thing? but thought i'd tag you anyway :)

Following to see advice. :smiley:

If I remember right it seemed the cash went up each time you loose a match. Example; lets say you got on a nice run and won 4 in a row. On 5 match you loose. (For example propose only because I don't remember cash cost). It cost 2 cash to rematch, loose again, pool cash cost 4, loose again pool cash 8, and so on..... obviously the higher you go up the latter the cost factor go up too.

It would not take long to drop some pool cash.

Of course you can always start over and began at 1st match!? But points are slow go 1 or 2 at a time. Lol

If I am wrong please enlighten me.

PS. I just figured it out!!!!! Don't loose, lol
    edited June 21
    @Wilbur Redman yeah that's pretty much it mate, bang on!

especially the very last part :D