Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

New mobile platform Tournament

Comments

• Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,474 Pool Champion
    I honestly believe the Archon plays the worse out of all the top legendary cues. Def behind arch, fire and Valkyrie
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 440 Pool Pro
    I honestly believe the Archon plays the worse out of all the top legendary cues. Def behind arch, fire and Valkyrie

Don't all cues with max stats play the same?
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,474 Pool Champion
    edited June 12
    odlllbo wrote: »

My opinion of course but no I don’t feel they do. I still use archangel 10 10 8 8 above my plasma that’s more powerful just because it feels better. Breaks better, has more precise control

My opinion of course but no I don’t feel they do. I still use archangel 10 10 8 8 above my plasma that’s more powerful just because it feels better. Breaks better, has more precise control

Didn't know that. Well that's cool if that's the case, adds another layer of play and feel to the cues beyond just their stats.

I recently started playing with the platinum cue as my main cue and i do feel more accurate with it.
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 958 Pool Expert
    I've always thought that but never actually said it as I didn't wanna sound stupid hahaha, cues definitely have some hidden quality to them beside the stats!

Like the level 3 Excalibur cue plays so much nicer than any other cue better, so far
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 593 Pool Expert
    yeah tbh i've never thought there was any difference to them, i dont know much about computer games or computer programming but didnt think that they could make is too delicate and intricate that one cue with the same stats could play differently to another, in theory anyway, unless mc knows something we dont

7 cue spin should be 7 (whatever 7 is) on any cue, but then i know rollyourrock mentioned about different tables playing differently, i think beijing for some reason is a lot slower than some of the other tables, you never seem to get a great split, the balls seem to always cluster together, so the difference between beijing and berlin or london, two tables where you seem to get mostly very good splits is like night and day to me, i've even thought at times i'm sure the dimensions of the tables are different lol

but in terms of cues, it might just be that we all find a cue we're comfortable with, suits us and that we play rally well with, like i said went on some great winning streaks when i first got the dynamo cue and that has a significantly worse FAST array of stats than most of the others, so maybe the balance of spin and force suits the way i play

maybe you could try doing some of the same shots a few times on the practice table and see if there's a noticable difference, but tbh even if there's not then if you feel that a cue is suiting you then in a game that does have quite a large psychological component to it then it's probably best to stick with it rather than second guessing yourself as to whether or not the cue you're playing with is handling how you'd like it to or if you'd be better off with something else

i think the aesthetics probably has a bit to do with it as well, i remember you mentioning the conqueror cue when i first joined the forum, and thought it looked pretty good, but when i first got it last week i couldnt bring myself to use in on an 8 ball pool table, it's just too massive lol, so i use it for 9ball as it seems to be a little less intimidating and off putting, but the pro gold cue you hardly notice is there and one that i do like to use as it not only feels good to use but seems easier to handle becuase of the way it looks, it doesnt feel too chunky or cumbersome, all probably just in my head but if you dont feel comfortable with the cue, for whatever reason then i doubt you'll play your best game with it
    @Wilbur finally!! :)

xmatdfonyj4d.jpg

Nice one congrats!

I think the Archon cue is the nicest design of the legendaries. Got a bit of a futuristic millennium falcon look :) some of the legendaries are a bit loud and over the top imo (ottimo :D) but Archon has a nice balance to it.

i think i'm still a valkyrie fan, in terms of just looks

i'm still not the biggest fan of the archangel cue, although i think like most things in any walk of like the rarer something is the more desirable and the archangel is by far i think the rarest and hardest legendary cue to get, which is why everyone makes such a big deal about it, and why i'm so jealous of @Wilbur 's maxed one lol

so it seems to have become the holy grail of legendary cues, although, and i mentioned this before, and have had a running debate with someone about it and they still dont believe me, but there's a cue from the epic box collection called the everlasting cue, by far the nicest cue to look at i think, and is the epic box equivalent of the archangel cue, very rare hard to get pieces for, but when it's maxed, and i'm sure i didnt dream this but actually saw it lol, has stats of 10.10.9.10 so a very good cue and i'd love to get that to a high level, but it is very rare and hard to get pieces for

it does interest me tbh a bit how they format the system of increasing levels of cues, what cues play in what style etc, i'd like to think there's a bit more depth to it and that certain cues have their own style and feel, but maybe as i'm minded @coolocker once said theyre all just indistinct pixels on a screen and more fool us for giving a **** lol

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,888 Pool Forum Veteran

thanks @Nanny Ogg lol, wow between you and @JJoe tonight i'm feeling great about my game :( :|

bit2tsr1j5cs.gif

oops sowwyyyy :D ;)

xmatdfonyj4d.jpg

Nice one congrats!

I think the Archon cue is the nicest design of the legendaries. Got a bit of a futuristic millennium falcon look :) some of the legendaries are a bit loud and over the top imo (ottimo :D) but Archon has a nice balance to it.

i'm still not the biggest fan of the archangel cue, although i think like most things in any walk of like the rarer something is the more desirable and the archangel is by far i think the rarest and hardest legendary cue to get, which is why everyone makes such a big deal about it, and why i'm so jealous of @Wilbur 's maxed one lol

so it seems to have become the holy grail of legendary cues, although, and i mentioned this before, and have had a running debate with someone about it and they still dont believe me, but there's a cue from the epic box collection called the everlasting cue, by far the nicest cue to look at i think, and is the epic box equivalent of the archangel cue, very rare hard to get pieces for, but when it's maxed, and i'm sure i didnt dream this but actually saw it lol, has stats of 10.10.9.10 so a very good cue and i'd love to get that to a high level, but it is very rare and hard to get pieces for

it does interest me tbh a bit how they format the system of increasing levels of cues, what cues play in what style etc, i'd like to think there's a bit more depth to it and that certain cues have their own style and feel, but maybe as i'm minded @coolocker once said theyre all just indistinct pixels on a screen and more fool us for giving a **** lol

Wow ur right it is a nice looking cue:
    wkqgml3nlm91.png
    Great design for sure! Having that cue at 10 10 9 10 would be awesome.

Yeah I agree that a lot of cue preference comes down to how u happen to play with the cue, if u go on a good win streak with it, etc.. I'm sure it can be tested out on the practice table with diff cues with same stats.

And that's another reason I think there should be free ball movement on the practice table :) plus u can set a shot up over and over to try different ways to play it and see which is the best. Maybe I'll start a free ball movement movement :p and it could show up in a future update (naively optimistic emoji here)
  • Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 437 Pool Pro
    Hello all, just checking in. Who are the champs now? I need another lesson in how to play pool!!!!!! :smiley:

This past 4 weeks I have not played very well. Lol. I am ready to get on the playing good train. Lol

Hope all has a great day!!
  • -Alyna-Alyna 80.9% Posts: 884 Pool Expert
    Wilbur wrote: »
    Hello all, just checking in. Who are the champs now? I need another lesson in how to play pool!!!!!! :smiley:

This past 4 weeks I have not played very well. Lol. I am ready to get on the playing good train. Lol

I'm one of them lol, I can play if you want
    -Alyna wrote: »

I'm one of them lol, I can play if you want

Hi Alyna, just saw your post. I will see if you are still on 8 ball pool and challenge.

:smiley:
    edited June 13
    @Alyna , sorry I missed you. I tried challenging you just in case you were still up. I believe we have 12 hour difference between us. (?)

I will try later this evening my time around 9 pm (central time zone USA) Should be morning for you. If available maybe we can play a match. :smiley:

Thanks,
    Opened another box in quest for the pieces to the last 2 victory cues. Also played game in Berlin. Did I get out of the terrible streak I have been on!? Lol

Congrats to our new legend player!! I will let him post so you will know who it is!!! :smiley:
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 882 Pool Expert
    Congrats to our new legend player!! I will let him post so you will know who it is!!! :smiley:

The secrets out lol
    http://8ballpoolforum.miniclip.com/discussion/28410/10-000-wins#latest

xmatdfonyj4d.jpg

Nice one congrats!

Wow ur right it is a nice looking cue:
    wkqgml3nlm91.png
    Great design for sure! Having that cue at 10 10 9 10 would be awesome.

Yeah I agree that a lot of cue preference comes down to how u happen to play with the cue, if u go on a good win streak with it, etc.. I'm sure it can be tested out on the practice table with diff cues with same stats.

And that's another reason I think there should be free ball movement on the practice table :) plus u can set a shot up over and over to try different ways to play it and see which is the best. Maybe I'll start a free ball movement movement :p and it could show up in a future update (naively optimistic emoji here)

free ball movement on the practice table would be epic, i'm not sure why they don't do it? has it ever been mentioned why? would be helpful in setting up situations that you struggle with or, strangely enough, need to "practice" on lol
    @odlllbo yeah something about the design, it glows on the table as well ever so slightly just think it looks really cool, and is very slender and small so it doesn't glow in an OTT way, just as far as looks go anyway probs my fav, have got it on level 4 at the moment with a fast of 9,9,7,8 so works pretty well, and i know you feel pretty comfortable with a cue that isnt massive with the fast stats so probably in your range with how it is at the moment, and tbh i dont anticipate getting it any higher, need 12 pieces for the next level and its taken 12 pieces to get it to this level and they have certainly been few and far between so it's probs reached its level which is a shame, although i've said that a fair few times about the legendary collection and certain cues :D
    @odlllbo yeah something about the design, it glows on the table as well ever so slightly just think it looks really cool, and is very slender and small so it doesn't glow in an OTT way, just as far as looks go anyway probs my fav, have got it on level 4 at the moment with a fast of 9,9,7,8 so works pretty well, and i know you feel pretty comfortable with a cue that isnt massive with the fast stats so probably in your range with how it is at the moment, and tbh i dont anticipate getting it any higher, need 12 pieces for the next level and its taken 12 pieces to get it to this level and they have certainly been few and far between so it's probs reached its level which is a shame, although i've said that a fair few times about the legendary collection and certain cues :D

I'm not sure what the reason is for not having free ball placement. Could even have the option to reset the last ball setup to try a shot over again easier, but I'd be happy with just the ball placement:)

Don't give up hope getting those everlasting pieces, tho ur right I wouldn't expect them anytime soon :) As for the fast stats on cues the only one i don't want too high is the force stat. And that's just cause I'm used to the control of the lower force cues. I'm sure if I played with a 10 force cue for a week I'd get comfortable with it and forget all about the others