Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

what would you do?

Comments

• Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 593 Pool Expert
    couple of tricky one's here lads, i really mangled one of them, took some shots of how it progressed so will post after, but it developed into me doing a snatching a loss from the jaws of victory type thing, the other one seemed like a real tricky one where i couldnt think at all of what to do, a couple of low % shots came to mind but not much else, thoughts?.....

1)

zxuht1qkb26k.jpg

2)

256cuzjot0xu.jpg

• christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 469 Pool Pro
    2nd ist just a matter of patience, you shouldnt lose that one, so many defensive options......just try to get your balls, or atleast one of them towards the 8-3 while leaving him no shot.....can take a few shots ofc......
    but first is interresting, at first i´d play a safety behind the 10, in case we get bih we have some options......another safety or the backspinsplit off the 15......
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 958 Pool Expert
    couple of tricky one's here lads, i really mangled one of them, took some shots of how it progressed so will post after, but it developed into me doing a snatching a loss from the jaws of victory type thing, the other one seemed like a real tricky one where i couldnt think at all of what to do, a couple of low % shots came to mind but not much else, thoughts?.....

1)

zxuht1qkb26k.jpg

2)

256cuzjot0xu.jpg

1. You maybe have angle to break out cluster after potting the 10 in the middle? If you don't then snooker behind 10
    2. Bank 1 over the pocket closest to black while snookering him in first shot. No matter what shot you play you're fine
  • odlllboodlllbo Posts: 440 Pool Pro
    Good spots :)

1) yeah I like the safety behind the 10. Not a gimmie tho u gotta judge the aim and speed just right with two moving balls. If ur feeling adventurous u could also try cutting the 10 into the bottom right with and send the cb back and forth across the table to break the cluster. Only question is if the cb is moving fast enough to get ahead of the 10 and avoid the double kiss... probably not, but would be fun to try:)

2) I like the idea of banking the 1 near the 8 ball pocket. Assuming opponent may try and pot our 1 ball with their next shot, leaving the 1 as close to the 8 as possible should help our cause as it either makes the 1 unpottable or means they are gonna run into the 3 8 when potting the 1
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,888 Pool Forum Veteran
    xcytj8pepcak.png

He nudged the 8ball and left it as you see it for my turn.
    I don't need to add that I lost the game LOL
  • 81U381U3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Posts: 1,254 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    xcytj8pepcak.png

Had a similar setup in Bangkok yesterday with a random on mobile. The 8 was sitting just barely away from potting into the top left pocket and my last ball was covering it up. We were playing the waiting game and eventually they tried to move my ball ever so slightly so that I can't shoot it anywhere but they can access the 8 but they shot too hard and I was able to pot both and win >:)
    edited June 12
    xcytj8pepcak.png

you have a little chance here imo....
    ....rail first with backspin and rightspin and the right speed.....
    ....the 4 should go down and when you hit it right, the white could give the 8 a second nudge and could block the pocket......
    .....but its only a very very slim chance, but i think its possible
    edited June 12
    the prob is, theres prolly nothing to block anymore when you kick everything outta there lol but the 3 could stay......lol
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 593 Pool Expert
    xcytj8pepcak.png

i think here the shot to maybe nudge the 3 and 4 ever so slightly away from the pocket and replace with your black isnt quite on yet from where the white is, or it might be looking at it again, i was going to sat firstly snooker him just tapping behind your black, leaves him a long bank shot though, so would maybe nice to do it on the first shot, so a snooker, and i keep changing my mind as writing it because it is so delicate and leaves him the up and down bank shot on the 5 or 3

if the white was directly behind the black then it would be ideal for nudging the 4 in, and leaving the 3 and 5 close together, stopping him taking on the up and down bank shot, but as it is i'd be tempted to pot his 4 ball with you black off of the 3, if done right i think you can snooker him behind the black and leave the 3 and 5 wrapped up, hopefully worse way he could see them but not pot them, but taking on the shot as ive described it with a little bit of pace the black is going to come away from the cushion and hopefully you get the snooker and make it tricky for him to come of the bottom cushion for the bank shot

tricky situation though, thats the best i can come up with, but i think if done at the right pace, and it is a bit of a fiddly little shot but hopefully leaving the 3 and 5 tied up on the top rail and your black over the pocket, or nearish to it i think it will limit what he could do next, but yeah tricky and i keep looking back at it and changing my mind as to whether or not my shot is on
    Thanks for the replies guys :)

We both kept giving the 8 the tiniest of nudges and him giving me BIH was no help at all, so i tried something similar to what chris said and hit bottom rail with right sidespin, soft shot back up to the black and it nudged the 4 right to the edge of the pocket and moved the black below and to the right of the 3, which let him bang the 4 in and knock everything else across the table leaving him with 3 easy pots LOL
    xcytj8pepcak.png

I like just nudging into the 8 as u did. Then with ball in hand putting the cb on the rail and if possible shoot the 4 in or move the 4 as much as possible while trying to stay close to the 8 and keep trying to push the 8 through
    odlllbo wrote: »

I like just nudging into the 8 as u did. Then with ball in hand putting the cb on the rail and if possible shoot the 4 in or move the 4 as much as possible while trying to stay close to the 8 and keep trying to push the 8 through

Yep, I should have had more patience LOL
    odlllbo wrote: »

Yep, I should have had more patience LOL

Lol I know my trigger thumb gets pretty antsy after too many nudges :) I'm usually the one to overhit it first
    talha899t wrote: »

nudge the 13 rail first just a little bit that he doesnt get a shot and the 4 stays on......
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 243 Pool Pro
    talha899t wrote: »

nudge the 13 rail first just a little bit that he doesnt get a shot and the 4 stays on......

I did the same thing. The opponent tried to double dip the 13. He failed. And left me with an easy bank on 8 :smiley:
    haipzcfoixg4.png

Something different: how are we all clearing this mess?
    rn7eb0wq3dqg.png
    edited June 13
    JJoe wrote: »

rn7eb0wq3dqg.png

full left spin on the 13 and crack it up.....everything else is silly imo
    and you want the solids here anyways, more options after the split
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP
    edited June 13
    @Nanny Ogg - Here is how I would play your situation:

H14b6Qo.png

Around one fourth or slightly less power (on a country cue, I have no idea what that witchy looking cue you are using is even called let alone what it's FAST features are... :D ), slight top right spin, off the bottom (right) cushion as shown, slight amount of mouse-manipulated power kill...brings the cue ball up into the 8, pushing his 4 into pocket off his 3 ball while pushing the 3 ball into 5 ball locking them up, and if done properly, the cue ball should stay tied against the rail right behind the 8...making his only follow on shot a possible kick off the right (top) cushion to try for a bang-bang play on the now tied-up 3/5 mess for him.....dismissing the possibility of him making a fluke on that, you would have a clean shot on the 8 for the win..... ;)

Of course, you have to do it properly for it to work...lol...and a bit of luck I suppose, but confidence beats luck 95% of the time....see it, shoot it is what I like to say, muscle memory will take over from there....nothing can ruin a good shot like over-thinking or trying..... :*

Now of course, this is probably not the best defensive solution, but the situation looks fairly hopeless without one of you taking the reins...no guts, no glory...lol...and besides, when have I ever been known to play defensively.... :D

@talha899t - I will take a better look at yours tonight after my old man's nap....so a few hours from now....lol...

X5lbOom.gif
    JJoe wrote: »

rn7eb0wq3dqg.png

full left spin on the 13 and crack it up.....everything else is silly imo
    and you want the solids here anyways, more options after the split

Yep I was always going solids! Just I screenshotted as soon as I got the shot, so aim line in random place.

And lol yeah that's probably the right shot. What I did tho is - played 5, got CB over to left hand side to then play the plant, 6 opened up the 2 but 2 for tied up with black which ultimately was my downfall lol