Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Who's tired of potting cue ball?

AntonioG72293AntonioG72293 Posts: 30 Pool Player
Who else besides me is tired of potting cue ball all the time. My percentage would be so much better if the cue ball didn't drop all the time. Ridiculous if you ask me!

Comments

• The-IndianThe-Indian Posts: 1,938 Pool Champion
    Thanks to the back spin.
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 493 Pool Pro
    Usually this is due to hitting the cue ball harder than needed including draw shots. Try to make shots without running into other balls.
  • AntonioG72293AntonioG72293 Posts: 30 Pool Player
    I get that, but sometimes you have to hit it hard when you have a table run going and your opponent has almost all balls left. I just think it's lame how often you scratch in these situations. Just one man's opinion.
    If your referring to breaking up a cluster of balls i agree but you can hit em in a way the cueball moves in a predictable path.
  • BunăBună Posts: 28 Pool Player
    Sometimes I don't hit the cue ball hard at all and it still goes into the pocket. Like she struggles to sink next to her fellow sisters, fallen on the field of battle. Going seriously, i think i pot the cue ball somewhere between 20-30 times in 100 games. Some ridiculous stuff.
  • omgsunomgsun Posts: 2,239 Pool Champion
    Bună wrote: »
    Sometimes I don't hit the cue ball hard at all and it still goes into the pocket. Like she struggles to sink next to her fellow sisters, fallen on the field of battle. Going seriously, i think i pot the cue ball somewhere between 20-30 times in 100 games. Some ridiculous stuff.

dude, the physics of post-contact from the cue ball are perfect
    use spin
    edited August 2016
    I get that, but sometimes you have to hit it hard when you have a table run going and your opponent has almost all balls left. I just think it's lame how often you scratch in these situations. Just one man's opinion.

so whats the conclusion then? dont hit em hard........ have a plan and dont go for hit and hopers, that game only veeeeeery rarely needs a hard shot, not even when splitting!

agreed, i only hit it over 50% power every 1 in 5-10 shots... excluding breaks
    omgsun wrote: »
    use spin

That's good advice after speed control is achieved and English is understood.
  • Who else besides me is tired of potting cue ball all the time. My percentage would be so much better if the cue ball didn't drop all the time. Ridiculous if you ask me!

I'm glad it's not just me, seems like my cueball is magnetised to the pockets
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,096 Pool Forum VIP
    Another way to help with this problem is to "clear your cash".......

PM me for my paypal account for deposits only to help you do so...... :D
  • The real hidden view after some of the recent update .

Hatty xD wrote: »
    The real hidden view after some of the recent update .

lawl, that wouldn't be possible to program
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,050 Pool Champion
    edited October 2016
    Who else besides me is tired of potting cue ball all the time. My percentage would be so much better if the cue ball didn't drop all the time. Ridiculous if you ask me!
    It's not ridiculous at all. The fault is entirely your own. Just be more careful, look at the table and work out where the white will travel to and use spin to control the trajectory. Simples.

• MR MISSMR MISS Posts: 547 Pool Expert
    On the mobile app, no matter how careful you might play, you will scratch the cue ball. Lol On PC it's not the same. Try the mobile app and play to break open a cluster etc. You'll see there is a magnetic effect. Lol
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,050 Pool Champion
    MR MISS wrote: »
    On the mobile app, no matter how careful you might play, you will scratch the cue ball. Lol On PC it's not the same. Try the mobile app and play to break open a cluster etc. You'll see there is a magnetic effect. Lol
    Why on earth would I ever want to try the mobile app lol :wink:

there isn't, why would there be
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP

Having never played the PC version, I'm not sure if this phenomenon exists on the PC version, but it certainly does on the mobile version.
    But as most have said, when you play a shot, you are carrying out two basic functions of pool. Potting the ball and predicting where the cueball will end up (using skill, force and spin)
    So, knowing that on the mobile app, that if you use full power, the cueball often ends up in a pocket ( why I don't know). But the solution is to not use full power, you don't need to, not even with a beginner's cue.

The blacksmiths shot ( hit it hard) is the shot selection of those who don't play pool.