Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

New Version of pool taking too long

Sling ShotSling Shot Posts: 3 New Member
New version of 8 ball pool on PC which is recently been added taking a long time to load and i have been waiting about 20 minutes and its still shows the pool picture not any loading bar or something ? can you fix please ?

Comments

• *Lenny1964*Lenny1964 Posts: 6 New Member
    I was having issues with the game not allowing me to play so I changed my browser to chromium and the game works fine. I was using internet explorer so try a different browser.
  • Sling ShotSling Shot Posts: 3 New Member
    Lol i'm trying to open it on Safari ! :D :D :D
    Gotta downlaod chrome now :) Thanks alot
  • Аня СлавскаяАня Славская Posts: 52 Pool Player
    Yeap. it's too long. and very few people in the new version of 8 ball pool on the PC. In tournaments there is no one at all!!! Why?!
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 428 Pool Pro
    Yeap. it's too long. and very few people in the new version of 8 ball pool on the PC. In tournaments there is no one at all!!! Why?!

Some of us here have been trying to figure that one out too and possibly make some tourney competitions from the forum members again in a room. keep your eyes open for a post about it :smile:
  • Moe W.Moe W. Posts: 132 Pool Pro
    edited November 15

Oh come on ? Really you don't know? LOL , Okay there are two reasons but i will start with the main reason :

1- You can't use cheat engine to cheat on New version LOL so as you know 95% of players who play on old version are using cheat engine which they have full "Cue Aim or Long Line" and they are heroes LOL. So, No cheat engine on new version = no cheat = no Long Line = no players LOL.

2- New version is very heavy , and cue power is hard to control.
  • George SweeperGeorge Sweeper Posts: 39 admin
    "2- New version is very heavy , and cue power is hard to control."

Is this a general sentiment? The PC version now more closely resembles the mobile version and we never heard much feedback regarding the cue cue power being hard to control on that platform.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 428 Pool Pro
    edited November 15
    Hey George. I can partly contribute in answering your question. As far as hard to control power the ONLY "zone" or "region" if you will that i ever experience it in the new version (and this is PC web obviously) is the lower length of the table. If you have to draw back to shoot from the bottom of the table sometimes the same amount of power i give for a shot on say the upper half up of the table which would be enough to power the shot im making to it's destination pocket but not necessarily enough power to scratch, seems to be SERIOUSLY hindered and different in result from the lower quadrant of the table and ends up as cue either not making it to the ball being shot at, or the ball being shot at so horribly underpowered in shot it doesn't travel near it's normal potential.

Also, i had posted about it when it was first released (new) and have been discussing this issue on other threads i saw folks expressing what seems to be the same issue of. That is ALSO, at the bottom part of table, when it first came out (the first day especially, had to just quit SO many games that day). If you had to draw back for a shot and your cursor was near the bottom rail and went below as far as taht first ad, it would freeze your cue/shot. you can spin your cue 360° but couldn't shoot and if it was already stuck back from where you drew it back it just wouldn't release...... was a royal pain. Learned to avoid that and would draw back on a lower table shot from above the ball being shot at so as to not let cursor drop below that region. I have tested it the other day though when discussing that thread and i can't replicate that now so i think for ME anyway that issue is resolved.

I DO notice though, as expressed in first paragraph that from lower end shots seem underpowered. I COULD say from middle up they seem slightly OVERpowered as i've been making silly scratches i never experienced before and have seen other express this issue too but i haven't spent the time testing that theory yet. Only the lower quadrant if it would still freeze cue/shot.